Technical Support Manager - Preston on the Hill | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Technical Support Manager
Preston on the Hill, Halton, England
£60000/annum Plus attractive package, bonus, car
Permanent (Full time)
UK Support Manager / Service Manager
Unique opportunity to join a world leader in the development and manufacturing of state-of-the-art, whole blood, point-of-care and critical care analysers, a business that also provides the biotechnology industry with the most advanced instruments for cell culture monitoring. One of the fastest growing in vitro diagnostic companies in the world whose biosensor technology is incorporated in products ranging from handheld meters for glucose point-of-care testing to critical care whole blood analysers designed for rapid measurement of over 20 analytes.
With ongoing pioneering technological innovation and continuous new Product Development, this business is at the forefront of their industry.
UK Support Manager / Service Manager Job Summary
* The UK Support Manager is responsible for all customer support for IT and technical product issues for all products
* Project Management for all implementations by co-ordinating activities of direct reports to include; Snr Technical Support Specialist, Field based Technical Support Specialists, Clinical Training Manager, Project Implementation Manager and IT Specialist
* Plans, directs, manages and co-ordinates clinical applications and pre and post sales support programmes related to all product implementations
* Provides ongoing support activities/ contracts review for existing customers in line agreed KPIs, SLAs, maintenance contracts etc
* Responsible for timely resolutions to customer issues
* Requires the ability to understand and educate end users on instrument application issues and the ability to perform data analysis in support of application objectives
* Responsible for complaint escalation and resolution through appropriate channels in Europe and/or US Tech Support
* Works closely with UK Product Manager and Area Sales Managers to support on site evaluation activities for all products
* Responsible for ensuring that all activity reported via the Pivotal database is an accurate reflection of UK workloads
* Works closely with European Service Director and US Technical Support Team to help define and implement the necessary programmes and procedures to achieve company goals and objectives
* Back up office and field based support for Technical Support Specialists
* Responsible for the development and team morale of direct reports
* Responsible for all Support SOPs for ISO 9001:2015 working closely with Quality Administrator to achieve continued improvements to customer satisfaction levels; Ensuring all direct reports are compliant with all procedures
* Reports directly to the UK General Manager
* Reports indirectly to the European Service Director
* Direct reports include the following positions; Senior Technical Support Specialist, field based Technical Specialist, IT Support Specialist, Clinical Training Manager, IT Specialist and Project Implementation Manager
* Interacts with all levels of management within Technical Support and Sales
* Interacts with all customers both via the telephone and on site visits
* Clinical laboratory experience, ideally in Biochemistry preferably holding a life science degree
* 2-5 years diagnostics industry related and/or field experience - Mandatory
* 2-5 years man-management experience - Mandatory
* Quality Assurance experience . ISO 9001 – Highly desirable
* Knowledge of IVD Directives, CE marking would be an advantage - Highly desirable
* Located within 40 miles of the Runcorn UK Office
* Ability to identify root cause of technical problems and provide effective troubleshooting remotely to customers and company personnel
* Requires a drivers license and a good driving record
* High level of competency in Microsoft Office Suite ( Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* Basic experience with databases and virtualisation applications such as SQL server 2005 and VMware
* Willingness to travel throughout the UK with occasional overseas travel.
* Please note that there will be a requirement to be away from home where required. When not field travelling with direct reports or on customer site the expectation is that this role will be office based