Up to £32900 per annum
Contract: Perm, 37 Hours
Interviews will be held on 10th Oct 2019
How we work
Action for Children does whats right, does whats needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 390,000 children, young people and families.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for Service Coordinator with the Clacks Family Support Service. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing a team who provide an effective, efficient service covering our Out of Hours team along with our Clacks Family support team:9 staff across both teams.
By working with families, children, young people with an early intervention mindset, you will help prevent issues escalating and becoming critical to a point where a young person may be subject to being accommodated or become involved children hearing system. You will be part of the innovation force, developing a new and exciting initiative to make the difference in shaping the service in response to the emerging needs of those accessing the service.
Although the role will be based in Clackmannanshire, the role will require some travel throughout the cluster within the Central Belt, always with advanced notice. The role is primarily Mon Fri 95pm with occasional weekend and evening work where the need requires.
How youll make a difference:
Our main aim is to deliver a strong communitybased intervention service which,
- To increase resilience of vulnerable children, young people and families.
- To reduce the risk factors for vulnerable children, young people and in turn, the need for statutory involvement.
- Provide positive pro social modelling for children and young people, supporting them to access a range of activities and community supports.
- Provide support to families by offering time out for children and young people at points of tension
- To prevent or reduce high cost residential placements
- To develop best practice and share learning with the Council
- You will be accountable for data gathering, analysis and reporting to key partners
- You will be responsible for regular performance management of your staff team
What youll need:
- A proven track record of working directly with families with complex needs, in the community
- A strong understanding of the issues and challenges facing families.
- Be able to lead staff teams to work flexibly in order to support families at critical times
- Understanding of child development and the impact of trauma
- Strength based approach to supporting families
- A good knowledge of agencies and networks in the Clackmannanshire area
- A proven track record of managing staff in the context of supporting and developing people
- A proven ability to work with improving outcomes .
- Experience of reporting on performance to funders and partners.
- Visibly encouraging leader
- Experience of managing rotas
- Experience of working effectively in partnership with key partners and stakeholders
- A strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
- A social work qualification or an equivalent is required for this role
How we reward you:
When you work with us, well recognise your efforts:
- By paying you acompetitivesalaryand a generous paid holiday allowance minimum 29 days plus public/bank holidays with the opportunity to buy/sell up to 5 days leave
- Bysupportingyou and welcoming new additions to your family flexiblematernity, paternity and adoptionpackages
By giving you a pension we have acontributionscheme that matches a maximum of 7% employee and 7% employercontributionswhich includes a death in service benefit.
- By providing excellent learning anddevelopmentopportunitiesand all thesupportyou need to thrive.
- By giving you access to discounts at hundreds of retailers
This is a fantasticopportunityto make a real difference tovulnerablechildrens lives and to build a fulfilling and meaningful longterm career with aleadingUK childrens charity.
Action for Children iscommittedto safer recruitment practices, designed to protect the welfare of the children and young people using our services.
Apply Now ! Please call Josh Boland on######### or email on #########
Guidant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Posted 7 days ago