Cad Engineer - Kingston upon Hull | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Kingston upon Hull, England
Permanent (Full time)
A CAD Engineer – Systems and Routing role has arisen in our Technical department. To provide schematics of plumbing, gas and electrical systems to support NPD projects and current production requirements. Working closely with Process Engineering, CAD & Design and manufacturing functions to develop safe and effective systems for the end user. To deliver information to internal manufacturing teams which meets RFT Quality expectations.
* Use Autodesk 2D and 3D software to generate schematics which effectively communicate the system design requirements to internal manufacturing teams.
* Work with the process owners for plumbing, gas and electrical to develop a system design which delivers a customer specification advised by the Product Management team
* Work with CAD structure / furniture teams to ensure that all new products are production feasible and capable of manufacture within the business.
* Use the design manual and other Standard Operating Plans etc to ensure that NPD processes are fully implemented.
* Work with compliance specialists to ensure that the products meet regulation requirements.
* Work in close conjunction with Subject Matter Experts during Proof of Design Phase to ensure designs meet RFTQ expectations when delivered into full production
* Ensure that all CAD data is checked to the pre-determined quality level before issue to the production line.
* Provide technical CAD data to the BOM team
Essential / Desirable Criteria
* A relevant Systems Engineering Qualification at Level 4 or above (eg HNC), coupled with 5+ years relevant experience Or A relevant Systems Engineering Qualification at Level 6 or above (eg BEng)
* Experience of 3D and 2D CAD software – preferably Autodesk Inventor
* In-depth knowledge of practices used in the industry to create safe and effective plumbing, gas and electrical systems
* Understanding of industry construction and manufacturing processes.
* Knowledge of PLM Autodesk processes
* Trained in the use of PLM & OCRs
* Ensures Safety within Process Engineering, CAD and Product Design.
* Self-motivated on time target driven workload delivery.
* Proactive delivery of production viable products.
* Investigative, questioning and searching team member.
* Strive to exceed internal and external customer expectations.
* Objective based decision making.
* Foster continuous improvement activities
* Considers Design for Manufacture at all stages of the New Product Development process