Mechanical Service Engineer - Coventry | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Mechanical Service Engineer
Basic Salary : Up to £35k + Good Holiday Package + Full Company Benefits inc Pension
Permanent (Full time)
Are you a Maintenance Engineer looking to get out into the field? This is a genuine chance to break into a field based Mechanical Service Engineer position with a worldwide manufacturer of precision engineered components. A year long training programme - including a spell staying in France - will set you up for a full career in Field Service Engineering within a large multimillion pound organisation.
BASIC SALARY: Up to £35,000
· Fully Expensed Car
· Good Holiday Package
· Access to the full Company Benefits Package including Pension
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Birmingham, Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Loughborough, Melton Mowbray, Kettering, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Banbury, Worcester, Wolverhampton, Rugby, Daventry
JOB DESCRIPTION: Mechanical Field Service Engineer / Maintenance Engineer - Industrial Capital Equipment / Machinery
We're expanding and need a new Mechanical Field Service Engineer to train and develop, with the view of taking over the Mechanical Service Engineering activity at a variety of OEM/ End User client base.
The role is split between 80% reactive and 20% scheduled work. The majority of reactive work begins with a telephone call (guaranteed within 24 hours) with follow up visits to be arranged, as necessary to repair / fault find / performance review.
Scheduled work is arranged by the Mechanical Service Engineer, where the frequency depends on the seniority of the client. This includes servicing / maintenance, as well as training / induction to educate customers on how to get the best out of the equipment and identify potential concerns before they arise.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Mechanical Field Service Engineer / Maintenance Engineer - Industrial Capital Equipment / Machinery
· You're an experienced Service / Maintenance Engineer from any industrial capital equipment background. This could be maintaining factory equipment from any sector including Food / Pharmaceutical / Medical / Automotive / Rail / Quarrying / Mining / Energy / Construction / Recycling / OEM etc.
· You're a qualified mechanical engineer (ONC / HNC / HND +)
· You also need a strong (and ideally broad) Mechanical Engineering understanding with excellent inter-personal skills.
We are a £multi billion, worldwide manufacturer of precision engineered mechanical components supplied to original equipment manufacturers (OEMS) within the Off Highway, Quarrying Machinery, Rail, Heavy Duty Bus and Truck, Automotive Passenger and Light Vehicle Manufacturers (OE and aftermarket), Aerospace, Mining, Energy, and Construction equipment markets and through their OES suppliers and industrial distributors.
· Outstanding technical and commercial training programmes bespoke to your personal development. Ultimately you will become a specialist within a particular market/s and specific product portfolio.
· The demographics within our European service engineering operation offer the genuine opportunity for career development medium to long term.
· An active policy of promotion from within and offer the genuine opportunity for career development both within Europe and worldwide.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Mechanical Field Service Engineer, Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Fitter, Technical Specialist, Repair Engineer, Fault Finding Technician, Commissioning Engineer, Installation Engineer, Precision Engineering
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: SP16365, Wallace Hind Selection