Regional Operations Manager - Larbert | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Regional Operations Manager
Larbert, Falkirk, Scotland
Permanent (Full time)
We currently have an opportunity for a Regional Operations Manager covering the Borders, Central Belt of Scotland and up to Forfar.
As a Regional Operations Manager, you will play a pivotal role in managing the safe delivery of products within their defined region by utilising the resources available within specified budgets and controls. You will also be responsible for ensuring the depot infrastructure and integrity meets with the overall Certas Energy strategy.
- Resources in accordance to budgeted head count & driver / vehicle combination numbers
- Stock / supply chain management and product loss / gain investigation leading to corrective measure implementation
- Ensuring optimisation of available resources Vs demand to achieve budget
- Reduce operating costs, manage delivery windows (within windows - meeting / exceeding customer expectation) and yearly growth . improving on KPI’s for average load size per day
- Responsible for ensuring that all colleagues are properly trained and all third parties are also trained by their operational team to meet Company standards
- Oversee and manage any depot audits and formulate action plans in response to any resultant findings
- Oversee efficient management of truck operations, including maintenance
- Responsible for ensuring that all delivery incidents are investigated and resolved - including conducting disciplinary hearings
- Ensuring that effective communication processes are established and maintained within the depots
- Monitoring compliance to Standard Operating - Procedures and customer procedures, initiating corrective action where necessary
- Reviewing & monitoring internal processes to ensure optimum efficiencies
- Analysing agreed KPI information to ensure optimal efficiency & performance
- Liaising with Regional Transport Managers to ensure that all MOT’s and servicing of vehicles are carried out to Company standard
- Management and effective cost control / cost reduction in line with the Regional budget
- Manage depot volumes in line with the Regional budget / demand
- Forecasting in line with business performance and customer demand
- Oversee management of all operations and drivers within the Region
- Oversee management of the Routing function within the Region
- Managing and reviewing the contribution of direct reports
- Adherence of stringent Health & Safety policies and procedures both internally and external and in accordance with legal obligations both environmental and operational
- Responsible for ensuring that all depot staff understand all the companies HSE policies, processes and procedures ensuring compliance is achieved and maintained with regards to depot operations, facilities and equipment
- Responsible for H&S compliance against stringent KPI targets via various reporting tools and measures as well as any environmental and legislative requirements
- People management experience including colleague engagement
- Ability to liaise with various functions and stakeholders
- Experience of working and negotiating with trade unions
- Experience of Health and Safety management
- An effective change manager/change agent
- Knowledge of profit and loss, financials and budgets
- Finance for non-financial managers
- Incident investigation.
Certas Energy is the leading independent distributor of fuels and lubricants in the UK. With a national network of over 130 depots, over 900 tankers, more than 800 retail forecourts, fuel cards usable at over 2,000 sites, it is our 2,300 colleagues who keep our business moving each day.
Our team is an essential part of the robust infrastructure that consistently and dependably delivers billions of litres of high-quality fuel and associated services to homes and businesses all over the UK each year.
We’re proud of our range of innovative fuel supply and management services and are committed to provide industry leading solutions in liquid fuels, as the worlds energy mix evolves towards a zero emissions future. From the option to offset carbon emissions with each fuel order, to providing cleaner burning fuels that lower harmful emission of PM and NOx, Certas Energy strive to make our energy expertise count for all of our customers.
We have a strong culture of safety and compliance principles, driven by our dedicated Safety F1rst and Doing the Right Thing Initiatives. This, teamed with our many programmes of learning, development and talent nurture, means that we can support our colleagues to grow and thrive within a fast paced working environment. This is fundamental to good business performance, and integral to our long-term business success.
The successful candidate will be offered the position of Regional Operations Manager on Certas Energy terms and conditions of employment.
Certas Energy Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer