Administrative Assistant - Cardiff | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Permanent (Full time)
SRK Consulting (UK) Ltd has an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant to join the team.
Location: Churchill House, Churchill Way, Cardiff, CF10 2HH combined with working remotely depending on Covid-19 situation. Details to be discussed at interview stage
Salary: Depending on previous experience +Pension + Benefits
Hours of Work: 09:00 – , Monday to Friday, with a 30-minute lunch break (40 hours per week)
Length of contract: 12 months commencing ASAP
SRK Consulting (UK) Ltd is an independent, international consulting practice, that provides globally integrated consulting services to the mining and natural resources sector.
We currently have an opportunity for a temporary Departmental Assistant to join our friendly, professional and dynamic team. This is a fast-paced role for an eager person who will provide support in a variety of areas within the business. This is a varied role for someone who thrives on being the first point of contact when required and able to undertake varied administration duties. The team constantly deals with reactive enquiries; with no two days being the same.
SRK requires someone who is extremely professional with a proactive and enthusiastic attitude, willing to be flexible, and enjoys multi-tasking and providing an excellent travel guidance service.
SRK Consulting (UK) Ltd is the European arm of the SRK Consulting global group network and currently has over 130 employees based in Cardiff with a diverse range of backgrounds. The company is employee?owned and?employs around 1,400 professional consultants internationally with 45 offices on 6 continents. SRK has been providing its clients with innovative, practical and cost-effective solutions for 40 years and our client base covers a wide range of industries, particularly within the resources and engineering sectors.?
Administrative Assistant - Duties/Responsibilities Overview:
- Providing a full and up to date international travel advisory service to the company on any Covid related travel and ensuring travellers comply with entry requirements for their destination
- Organising international and UK travel arrangements including booking flights, car hire, accommodation, rail tickets and the preparation of travel packs
- Arranging visas through CIBT, Embassy or directly with clients
- Distributing, collating and tracking Risk Assessments (internal and external)
- Liaising with Heads of Departments and HR with regards to pending site visits in high risk countries
- Arranging clinic appointment for vaccinations, boosters, COVID-19 testing, site visit medication and arranging appropriate site PPE if required
- Updating department record and spreadsheet – admin and travel
- Formatting of documents; to provide assistance with preparing proposals, compiling draft and final reports, memos and Company letters in accordance with SRK formats and templates in a timely manner and working to tight deadlines
- Assisting with organising conference registration and travel
- Tracking updates and formatting of consultant CVs and blurbs
General Company Administration:
- Dealing with colleague requests quickly and efficiently.
- Organising of day-to-day meetings, room bookings, car parking bookings and catering requirements (liaise with reception where required).
- Providing Reception cover as and when required
- Raising purchase orders.
- Liaising with Reception with regards to various shipments/couriering.
- Minute-taking for monthly/quarterly meetings on an ad-hoc basis
Administrative Assistant - Essential Requirements:
Experience/Skills to include:
- Previous experience in a similar role is ideal but not essential
- Ability to adapt to a wide variety of assignments including complex travel arrangements
- Effective organisation and time management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Competent in implementing priorities and managing multiple tasks to a high standard without direct supervision
- The ability to interact with people at all levels internally and externally is crucial
- Ability to be proactive, deliver high quality work, work under pressure often to tight deadlines, either working independently or as part of a team
- High degree of computer literacy and competent particularly in the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and MS Teams
SRK Consulting (UK) Ltd offers a range of excellent benefits, to include: Pension Scheme, Death in Service Benefits, Health Insurance Cover, and Private Medical Health Care Scheme.
Applicants should respond by submitting their covering letter and CV online by clicking
The candidates under consideration will be contacted directly.
To submit your CV and covering letter for this exciting Administrative Assistant opportunity, please press ‘Apply’ now to be redirected to our website