Telecoms Engineer (Field based)
Lancing, West Sussex
£26000 - £30000 per annum
Job Title:Telecoms Engineer (Field based)
Salary:£26k£30k (negotiable for the right candidate)
Full time, Monday Friday 8:30am6pm
Company uniform provided, along with company van.
Our client is looking to recruit a confident experienced Telecoms Engineer (field based) with excellent communication skills and versed in Telecommunications/IT industry. The ideal person will have a keen eye for detail, ability to multitask, work efficiently and accurately in a fastpaced growing Telecoms/IT Company.
Reporting to the Assistant Service Delivery Manager, providing engineering design, development and implementation for voice communications projects. Review, evaluate and repair telecommunications systems failures to ensure prompt resolution and minimal disruption to service. Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Network operations and troubleshooting of telecom systems and software support, responsible for voice/cloud conferencing systems, IP video conferencing
- Interact in B2B environments to define requirements and expectations of new and existing telecommunication systems.
- Working alongside Sales teams on site surveys
- Install, Support and maintain complete telecom environments; telephone system installations (Hosted, Avaya, Panasonic, Horizon) voice systems at admin level, performance monitoring, troubleshooting production issues, moves, additions and changes
- Participate in pre and post installation investigations; drive postmortem investigations related to S1 level incidents and problems
- Upgrade telecommunications hardware and software components
- Perform root analysis and determine of root cause, identify corrective action to resolve and prevent future occurrences
- Create and maintain proper documentation of policies, procedures and technical papers.
- Provide Second/Third line support on all voice and data issues (B2B), NX Hosted System, Avaya, Horizon Panasonic, CCTV
- Update Service Desk ticketing system (Autotask) with fault/issue details, ensuring notes are detailed and accurate
- Router configuration and testing, switches and VOIP telephones prior to onsite installations (Dreytek/Cisco)
- Liaising with Provisioning and Technical Team to ensure team collaboration
- Ensure SLAs are met
- Responding to, and resolving issues effectively and efficiently, liaising with Managers and Team to ensure the best outcome is attained for the client
- Other duties as determined by Management Team and business needs
- Manage workload and communicating with team members to ensure that tickets can be progressed correctly, referring to the Assistant Service Delivery Manager if required for additional information or investigation/escalation
- Ability to research solutions to issues, implement and test with customer to ensure the issue is resolved correctly
- Ensure the department and company policies are being followed
- Assist with Special Projects
- Previous telecoms engineering experience is essential
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work cross functionally and interact confidently with multiple stakeholders (both internal and external)
- Natural flair for delivering high levels of Customer Service
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, manage time effectively and work to tight deadlines
- Team player understand the importance of collaborative working
- Excellent IT skills and confident using Business Management systems (Autotask), proficient in MS Office packages Excellent attention to detail achieving high levels of accuracy
- Annual leave 28 days (including bank holiday days), NHS Top up plan, Pension, Perkbox (online discounts & savings platform), spot bonus scheme, recruitment bounty scheme, social events.
For more information please contact Stacey Croucher at Clearline Recruitment.
Posted 37 days ago