Office Manager & Compliance Coordinator - Blackburn | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Office Manager & Compliance Coordinator
Blackburn, Blackburn with Darwen, England
22000.0000 - 26000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Office Manager & Compliance Coordinator
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £22,000 - £26,000 (dependent on experience)
Hours: 40 Hours per week
Working Weeks: Full Year
Reporting to: Head of HR/Operations
Purpose of the Job
To lead and maintain the efficient running of the School office, acting as an effective and efficient assistant to Senior Leadership Team and administrative service to other school staff.
To liaise with school staff and other appropriate stakeholders outside the school, in a highly professional manner and representing the high standards of the organisation.
To be an effective line manager for reception team and general office administrator, carry out annual appraisals and reviews.
To develop, implement and manage effective administrative systems/procedures and manage the planning and development of support services.
- Provide full administration support for the school and ensure school administration staff are organised, directed, trained, developed and appraised in line with the School’s policy.
- Update general office procedures to reflect current practice and embrace new technologies.
- Responsible for development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of School administration and associated processes within identified areas.
- Manage the planning, development and monitoring of effective support services to meet the needs of the Business.
- To oversee entry/exit procedures to/from the school for all visitors, parents, students and staff.
- Responsible for the development of systems that will enable the School to monitor student registers.
- Ensuing registers are checked and chased in the morning and afternoon.
- Ensure that the School’s official registers are in line with legal requirements and that any anomalies are reported to the appropriate SLT member.
- Support the Head of HR/Operations in ensuring the School is in line with legislative requirements in relation to DBS checks and the Single Central Record.
- Support the Head of HR/Operations in developing robust systems for data management of student files and personal files by developing the School’s digital archiving system.
- Support the Head of HR/Operations in meetings core objectives in relation to data protection across all service functions.
- Responsible for school administrative activities including administration of financial processes relating to school facilities, such as coaches, including lettings and income.
- Responsible for securing appropriate licences and insurance.
Assist and support the School’s Estates Manage with Transport Coordination by:-
- Managing third party suppliers
- Deal with ETA enquiries
- Operational administration as required
- Any other duties as requested
- Analysis of relevant SLAs/contracts in relation to provision of services and presentation of recommendations and monitoring/management of contracts to the Commercial Director.
- Line management of school reception staff, including allocation of duties and monitoring or performance.
- Assist/support School staff in the organisation of events such as trips and parents’ evenings.
- To Administer First Aid and complete accident reports in conjunction with the Nurse.
Be aware of and comply with all School policies and procedures particularly relating to child protection, equal opportunities, health and safety and security, confidentiality and data protection; reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
Carry out all duties with regard to the school’s policies and codes of conduct.
Participate in training and other learning activities as required and to participate in appraisal and professional development.
Set high expectations of conduct, whilst acting as a good role model for others
This list is not exhaustive but rather an indication of the main requirements of the role.