Conversion Operative - Grimsby | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Our client is a well-established, forward thinking manufacturer based in Grimsby who have gone from strength to strength and are experiencing growth. Over the years they have been able to build a very dedicated production team and are now looking to add to it.
They are now looking to expand their team by recruiting a Conversion Operative. You will be working within a fast-paced production environment and will be manufacturing products to specification and quality standards through efficient operation of machinery and equipment to maximum efficiency following correct operational procedures
* To be able to run a minimum of 1 slitting machine under supervision
* To clearly follow work instruction documentation, to ensure production meets efficiencies and throughputs, to the required technical standards
* To run machinery to achieve correct standard of product to optimum production levels and to report any quality machine/quality problems to the management team
* To minimise waste levels to meet company requirements and report any deviation to the management team
* To complete machinery safety start-up checks
* To deal with stoppage problems quickly and efficiently seeking advice where necessary
* To accurately operate and implement all aspects of the Prism computer system
* To segregate and bag waste into the appropriate waste category
* To carry out quality checks at required intervals
* To complete all required production documentation accurately and on time
* To keep supervisor or setter informed of all problems and material deficiencies
* Ensure accurate handovers are conducted at the start and end of shift
* Ensure your working area is kept clean and tidy at all times
* Work as part of a team, supporting colleagues and sharing information
* To be flexible in undertaking other duties and responsibilities, if required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Team player able to see their contribution to the overall service including KPI targets
* Able to work with minimum supervision
* A person who can challenge in a supportive manner and work constructively with all functions of the business
* Highly motivated, able to work on own initiative and show pride in their work
* Good timekeeping, flexible when required
* Willing to commit to a program of continuous improvement
* Accurate and good attention to detail Numerate and understanding of production efficiencies
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!
Appoint Consulting is a Recruitment Business having sought agreement from their clients to find candidates for these roles, in accordance with the Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations Act 2003