Senior DevOps Engineer - West Heath | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior DevOps Engineer
West Heath, Birmingham, England
£70000.00 - £70000.00 PerAnnum
Permanent (Full time)
Senior DevOps Engineer (Fully Remote)
Please make an application promptly if you are a good match for this role due to high levels of interest.
ShortList Recruitment are looking for a well-established DevOps Engineer to join an innovative software house in Birmingham.
DevOps Engineer will be working as part of a large multi-site development team to drive the Release, Configuration and Delivery of their Software product and managed services portfolio.
This is a hands-on DevOps Engin...
The key responsibilities for the DevOps Engineer:
- Provision, install, configure and maintain a wide range of PaaS components, applications, databases and tools across many environments and customers
- Affect changes in live environments safely using appropriate change control procedures, including configuration versioning using VCS
- Handle 3rd line issues ensuring SLAs are met.
- Virtual infrastructure chief, provisioning & management in Azure or AWS
- Support development team’s infrastructure requirements, including continuous integration (CI) and code repositories
- Troubleshoot problems when they occur, quickly and efficiently
- Identify and create clear and effective documentation (using a wiki)
Essential Skills for DevOps Engineer:
- Windows or Linux Guru, with lots of Ubuntu LTS experience
- Virtual infrastructure management in AWS/Azure
- Web hosting expert with IIS inc. ASP/NET, PHP
- Database maestro with some MS SQL/MySQL/Maria, Cassandra, Cosmos or Mongo
- Solid backup & monitoring setup/management
- Building images & other scripting automation using Bash, PowerShell, VBS, Win Batch or similar
- net basics IP4/6, DNS, DHCP, HTTP/S firewalling & load-balancing
Desirable Skills for the DevOps Engineer:
- Windows Server 2008/12, especially IIS/.NET apps.
- AD account management
- . deployment
- Java server app management
- Office 365 Management
- NodeJS hosting/application management
Senior DevOps Engineer role is based in Birmingham, offers a salary of up to £70,000 plus benefits. Occasional travel to the office. They are looking for a candidate to start ASAP and will be interviewing over the next few weeks. If you feel you have the skills required then APPLY NOW
This role is commutable from Birmingham, Kidderminster, Worcester, Redditch, Dudley, Stourbridge, Stoke-on-Trent and Stafford.