Carer Support Worker - Guildford | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Carer Support Worker
Guildford, Surrey, England
10.5000 - 12.5000
Permanent (Full time)
Our client has been providing local care services for nearly 50 years across the UK. They currently require a number of Care Support Workers / Qualified Care Support Workers for the Surrey area
Main aims of the post:
- Provide support to carers and people with care needs including emotional support
- Provide personal care
- Carry out domestic tasks
- Assist with personal hygiene, for example helping the person with care needs to have a bath or shower, to go to the toilet or to care for their skin or hair.
- Assist with dressing / undressing, choice of clothes and personal appearance.
- Support the person with care needs with their medication.
- Assist with mobility including use of wheelchairs, hoists etc.
- Assist with a therapeutic programme designed by a medical professional.
- Assist with some specialised tasks according to training and experience.
- Provide emotional support, companionship, and a safe environment for those in need of supervision and help.
- Carry out basic first aid and summon emergency services.
- Report any concerns about abuse or the welfare or safety of any adult or child to a line manager / nominated person / person on call.
- Support the person with care needs with activities outside their home, for example community activities, shopping or attending medical appointments.
- Provide support with organised group activities for people with care needs.
- Prepare meals and drinks and provide assistance with eating / drinking.
- Help clean the home for example: washing up, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom and doing laundry.
- Look after pets.
Achievement of Care Certificate by end of probation period.
- Courteous, approachable, caring and professional.
- Empowering and supportive ensuring that people are always treated with dignity and respect.
- Focussed on the views and needs of clients to deliver care that is person centred.
- Effective communicator who listens, encourages feedback and is dependable
- Accurate and able to record information in a clear logical manner.
- Problem solver able to use initiative to resolve difficulties, whilst working within stated procedures and guidelines.
- Reflective and keen to improve your own working practice and learning and development needs.
- You must have a full UK driver's licence with use of a car and willingness to travel within Surrey. You will receive generous mileage allowance
- Applicants must be willing to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.