CNC Programmer - Bedford | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
£26000 - £29000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Our client is seeking an experienced CNC Programmer to create nests and programs for their manufacturing team.
This is a full time role working in the manufacturing team on stainless and mild steel production processes.
You will supply the manufacturing team with the relevant job information to enable production using the software solutions provided to create flat sheet metal patterns. You will nest modular and bespoke component part information and create bills of materials. Training on our product range will be provided.
This role requires a reliable, self-disciplined person who has a good attention to detail and is able to achieve the targets set to meet customer demands on time and in full. You must be conversant with workshop health and safety practices.
Working hours are 39 hours per week, 7am - 4pm Monday to Thursday and 7am -12 noon on Fridays. The role is based at Bedford and will move to the Shefford site once redeveloped.
• Create Laser nests and programs for manufacturing.
• To use and be skilled in Truboost and/or Trutops software.
• To use Radan software and understanding of Punch tooling and machinery.
• Basic AutoCad 2D skills to check DXF files. Check dimensions and layouts.
• Maintain a standard parts library of manufactured and purchased components.
• Works order creation for all standard, modified and bespoke products including BOM’s, routings and all associated
• Knowledge and use of sheet metal machinery; Laser, Guillotine, CNC Punch, Press Brake. Linisher plus welding as well as various
hand tools in the fabrication and finishing of materials.
• Quality Assurance by inspection of own work and final inspection for manufactured and purchased finished products along with
the associated paper work.
• Be aware of the estimating and commercial office tasks in order to advise and assist when required.
• Manage the stock level of all materials.
• The reporting of issues within cost of quality.
• Attend regular meetings with Production management and team.
Knowledge & Skills
• Use of AutoCAD 2D.
• Some basic AutoCAD inventor knowledge may be applicable.
• Use of TruTops or TruBoost.
• Use of Radan.
• Use of Laser, guillotine, CNC Punch and Press Brake.
• Able to read engineering drawings.
• Workshop & Office Health & Safety regulations.
• Plan and prioritise your own work.
• Able to multi task.
• Respond to short lead times which requires a flexible approach.
• Self-motivated and able to work own initiative.
• Builds good relationships
• Timely decision-making and good team player.
• A responsible attitude.
• Good spoken and written communication skills.
• Good level of numeracy.
• Able to impart knowledge to develop others.
• Intermediate computer skills Excel, Word, Outlook.
Personal skills and behaviour
• Open and honest.
• Customer focused.
• Has a ‘can do’ approach.
• Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
• Able to work under pressure.
• Reliable team member.
• Looks for continuous improvement and support changes.
• Keen to learn and develop new skills.
• Accurate with a good attention to detail.
• Good time keeping.
• Good housekeeping standards.
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we’re sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business