Surveyor (Damp & Mould) - London | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Surveyor (Damp & Mould)
London, Greater London, England
Contract (Full time)
MMP Consultancy currently have an opportunity for a Day-to-Day Surveyor to join a West London local authority. My client is looking for someone who has a strong background within damp & mould. This will be a 6-month interim contract which may go permanent.
My client is paying £/h Umbrella Inside IR35.
* To participate as a member of the Client Repairs team to undertake a wide range of surveying services, Specification writing Enforcement Inspections, Repairs Diagnostics and related Project Management duties.
* To proactively engage with customers, contractors, leaseholders, tenants and all related Council Officers such as Housing Management, Legal Services, Leasehold Services, Social Services (Adults & Children's Services) and the Home-Buy Team in the delivery of the Repairs Service.
* To contribute to the commercial viability of the Property Team ensuring business/financial targets are met and fees/charges monitored and recovered.
* Key role to ensure compliance of CDM 2015 by coordinating various contractors working within the same vicinity
* Undertaking large complex refurbishments
Assist the Client Repairs Team with:
* Determination of landlord's licence applications for alterations
* Determination of remedies in the event of breaches of lease and/or tenancy obligations
* Scaffold licences upon Council land
* Site inspections
* Repairs Diagnostics managing Disrepair cases too,
* Specification writing and tendering of works in compliance with the Councils Standing Orders and financial Regulations
* Managing projects
* Liaising with insurance companies
* Dealing with decants
* Completing minor and major voids with KPI
* Completing voids to re-lettable standard
Provide professional and technical advice and reports on all matters within the functionality of the service, including undertaking the role of professional or expert witness at hearings, adjudications and legal proceedings etc.
Oversee the project management and preparation of design requirements, specifications, and the preparation of building related drawings to satisfy all regulations, standards and codes of practice, for the purpose of repair and refurbishment to council owned buildings.
Carry out Project Management duties and ensure responsibilities in respect of the CDM Regulations 2015 are fully met ensuring that partners are competent to carry out their responsibilities under the CDM legislation
Oversee the preparation of specifications for ad hoc complex projects and remedial works.
Consult with customers about remedial works and ensure that the contractors resident liaison function meets diverse customer's needs in the preparation and delivery of works.
Maintain and update relevant Quality Assurance systems/procedures/processes.
Act as Contract Administrator for small programme of remedial works contracts to ensure effective contractual and technical monitoring of contractor's performance.
Contribute to the development of policy, practice, procedures and service planning for Asset Management and Property Services and participate in projects, working groups, service developments, audits and reviews as directed.
Maintain own up to date knowledge of legislation, advances in technology and best practice relating to the functionality of this post and ensure that it is translated into action.
Build and maintain effective and productive working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
Carry out other duties commensurate with their grade and directed by manager.
Title: Building Surveyor (Day to day)
Salary: £/h Umbrella
Location: West London