Operations Assistant - Leicester | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Permanent (Full time)
About the role
Working closely with the Operations Manager, the Operations Administrator carries out admin tasks to maintain the smooth operation of the depot, continually improving the day to day operations by identifying opportunities to maximise efficiencies, whilst offing high level of customer service.
- Providing overall administration support, such as dealing with staff rotas, liaising with agencies and planning holidays
- Managing vehicle fleet and monitoring building maintenance issues through the sites Plan Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
- Ensuring PPM is completed and updated as necessary
- Resolving all vehicle issues working with our fleet providers
- Filing driver reports and documents
- Tracking delivery complaints and KPI indicators ensuring the reports are completed in a timely accurate manner
- Provide telesales support for incoming calls responding to customer queries on delivery times and manage customer complaints related to distribution and product quality
- I ensure I deal with all internal/external queries and internal operational issues
- Assist in providing a delivery service to meet the customer requirements
- Carry out ad hoc duties as required, in accordance with the needs of the business and as direct by the Operations Manager
You will need
Experience of administration within a warehouse and delivery environment would be highly regarded
Ability to use Microsoft Office package including Excel and Word
Excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to liaise clearly with both internal and external customers, in an open and positive manner
Ability to challenge when needed and feel comfortable to speak up if you're unsure about something
Whats in it for you
At Booker Group we offer excellent benefits that help make our business a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to;
A great holiday package
Life Assurance Scheme
Save As You Earn Scheme
Give As You Earn Scheme
Free eye tests and subsidised eye care
A commitment to your career development
Discounted shopping in both Tesco and Booker stores
Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile and Tesco Bank
Deals & Discounts through many other external businesses
Free on-site parking
About The Company
Be part of something special. Join our team at Booker.
Booker is the UK's leading food & drink wholesaler. We are privileged to serve independent retailers, caterers and small businesses, from locations across the country.
Booker Group comprises of Booker Wholesale, Makro, Booker Direct, Classic Drinks, Ritter Courivaud and Chef Direct. Our customers include Premier, Family Shopper, Budgens and Londis retailers and we have one shared aim - improving choice, price and service for all our customers.
Our business is incredibly diverse, so it takes a wide range of skills to deliver the exceptional service our customers require.
Wherever you join us, you’ll be part of an organisation that will help your career to keep moving forward.
*Booker Group is part of Tesco plc, however is operated separately from the core Tesco business and as such the benefits offered will be different from those offered at Tesco*