Machinery / Rotating Equipment Engineer
GBP500 - GBP650 per day
Our client, a major oil & gas operating company, require a Machinery / Rotating Equipment Engineer for a long tern contract opportunity based in the London area.
Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the team's goals, objectives, and procedures.
Assures accurate and timely communication among the team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues.
In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide technical training to operations and mechanical
* Provide quality control and design reviews of new projects that involve rotating equipment
* Periodically review rotating equipment thermodynamic and mechanical performance
* Provide assistance in the field during plant start-ups, shutdowns or upsets
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Extensive closely related professional experience
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
* Extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
* Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
* Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a competitive daily rate and a long term contract.
To apply or for further information, please submit CV applications.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Posted 24 days ago