£19000 - £20000 per annum
Mears Care is part of the Mears Group (PLC) and are one of the UKs leading providers of home care and support delivering high quality care. We have over 180 branches nationwide, provide care for over 40 000 older and disabled people with 17 000 well trained and dedicated staff.
Mears are looking for a Specialist trainer to join our hard working team based in Alloa to provide support and guidance to SVQ candidates throughout their awards. Your job will be to support and guide the candidate to enable them to achieve their SVQ qualifications.
Part of your roles and responsibilities will be to:
- Plan and work with candidate to complete each unit
- Implement induction process with candidate
- Carry out Direct Observation to authentic working practice
- Ensure that the candidates written work and practice meets the required standard
- Provide verbal/written feedback to the candidate
- Support and guide the candidate throughout the award
- Encourage and motivate the candidate throughout the award
- Liaise with Internal Verifier and other relevant members of the team
- Complete candidate reviews as and when required throughout the award
- Be involved in the appeals process
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience in adult social care
- Be friendly and professional, demonstrating caring values leading by example
- Be flexible in meeting the needs of the business
- A full driving licence, valid to drive in the UK with access to your own transport is essential
- A1 Assessors award OR will be willing to complete this qualification if not already in possession
- Hold SVQ level 2/3/4/Leadership and Management
- Good knowledge of SQA database
At Mears we want to take care of our employees, thats why we have a benefits site called Mears Rewards exclusively for all our employees. This site has hundreds of savings at popular retailers as well as an important Employee Assistant Programme, to take care of your wellbeing. You could save up to £1,000 a year with the variety of offers we have at Mears Rewards, from Tesco to Thomas Cook there really is a saving for everyone that can make your money go further.
If this job appeals to you, we would love to hear from you! Follow the link below to complete your application towards building a better life for our local community.
Posted 29 days ago