Hire Controller - Mount Vernon | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Mount Vernon, Glasgow, Scotland
Permanent (Full time)
Ainscough Crane Hire are currently recruiting for a Hire Controller to join our Glasgow depot on a full-time, permanent basis.
About Ainscough Crane Hire
Ainscough Crane Hire is the market leader for lifting solutions and services to the infrastructure, construction, power generation and industrial markets. The company was founded in Wigan in 1976, and now operates nationally from 30 depots. Our offering is unique: with the most experienced team in the industry operating the country’s largest fleet of cranes, and capacity of up to 1000 tonnes across our specialist teams, safety is at the heart of everything we do. Our knowledge and experience allows us to bring innovative lifting solutions to our customers’ problems.
How are we different?
* At Ainscough, our culture is ‘Make The Safe Choice’; this applies to everything we do.
* Health & Safety - We have numerous accreditations & awards for outstanding QHSE, including ISO 9001, 14001 & 18001
* Reliability - Stringent fleet maintenance schedules to increase availability & reliability
* Availability - We have one of the largest heavy haulage fleets in the UK, with 400+ cranes across 30 locations
* Experience - Expertise on all aspects of a lift; from the initial consultation stage through to execution
The Role of a Hire Controller
At Ainscough Crane Hire, the role of a Hire Controller involves:
* To support the Operations & Depot Manager in the day to day running of the depot
* To provide a positive customer experience and professional interaction on all inbound and outbound telephone calls
* Maximising revenue and profit against agreed targets through the effective rental of cranes, labour and ancillaries
* Manage resources and fleet within the depot to ensure they are utilised in an effective manner
* Convert hire enquiries into orders to ensure achievement of revenue targets
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly organised and efficient Hire Controller who can maximise all hire enquiries that come into the depot and convert them to orders. You will have previous experience in a similar role from a crane or plant/tool hire environment. As this role is customer facing, you must have great interpersonal and communication skills; both written and verbal.
We expect all employees to be role models for our leadership behaviours: Always make the safe choice; Reliable; Easy to deal with; Open to new ideas; Teamwork; Passion.
Some of our main benefits include:
* A strong approach to employee safety
* Access to the company Perk Box benefits scheme including discounted cinema tickets, meal-out discounts and a free coffee every month!
* Company Employee Assistance Programme
* Pension scheme
* Death in service and accident lump sum benefit
* Company sick pay
* And many more