Proposals - Greater Manchester - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Greater Manchester - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
SLR has a fantastic opportunity for a Proposal Manager to join in a newly-created position as part of the Business Development Team in Europe. You will lead on the completion of proposals for multidisciplinary projects helping to drive business development for our European team of 520 Environmental and Advisory consultants.
Although the Business Development Team are currently centred around our Manchester and Newcastle offices, we could consider this role being based in any of our UK offices – with the added flexibility that hybrid working will offer in terms of working from home for at least part of the time.
This is a highly networked role requiring you to engage and build relationships across SLR’s technical disciplines, an ability to work under pressure, to challenging deadlines and with a robust attention to detail.
SLR has offices throughout the UK/Europe – and across 5 other global regions. The role may from time to time involve travel to work with proposal teams and technical discipline teams across the UK (and potentially Ireland). This may occasionally involve overnight stays.
SLR are global leaders in environmental and advisory solutions helping our clients achieve their sustainability goals. We are a consultancy with over 1650 staff across 5 regions – including over 430 staff across Europe. SLR’s ‘one team’ culture is at the heart of our business; providing a collaborative and supportive environment for professional development. Along with competitive salaries, our staff enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including a company pension and healthcare offering, travel and life insurance, critical illness cover and a structured career framework with regular reviews offering outstanding opportunities for progression. Alongside 25 day’s annual leave, SLR offer agile working which allows staff to tailor hours worked around core hours, and our family friendly policies help balance the needs of professional and family life.
SLR will close the role when we have received a sufficient number of applications, so please do not delay in applying for the position.
To apply for this position please submit your application using the link on this page. SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
The aim for this role is to plan and deliver high quality proposals including professionally written content.
Initially the focus will be on multi-disciplinary proposals for Planning, Environmental & Social Impact assessment work with our Power and Renewable Energy team, but the role has the potential to span across all SLR activities and Sector teams.
You will work with the Business Development Manager, Client Manager, and existing Bid Support team. The core role will be to plan proposals and produce excellent written content that successfully articulates SLR’s value proposition and win themes. You will work with SLR technical discipline teams in creating content, supporting go/no go decisions, and prepare and submit work winning proposals. You will work in accordance with all necessary internal procedures (SLR Major Bid Approach) and governance (Approvals and Signoff).
More detailed duties and responsibilities include:
• Delivery of compliant, professionally produced proposals within customer defined timeframes, escalating issues as required.
• Work closely with colleagues in the Bid Support team, and wider Business Development Team.
• Review and edit, or re-write proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, usually technical specialists (subject matter experts) from within the delivery teams.
• Proactively develop and manage a network of subject matter experts.
• Undertake market research for the proposal kick-off and solution meetings.
• Ensure win themes are articulated in such a way to meet / exceed the client’s requirements.
• Lead storyboard sessions with proposal team members.
• Assist the Technical Proposal lead in developing a proposal structure.
• Identify and re-work existing pre-written content where relevant.
• Ability to coach sales and solution / Subject Matter Expert teams in writing best practice.
• Support the Service Line Leader and Technical Proposal lead with price and rate modelling
• Identify any new proposal content suitable for potential re-use, working with the Bid Support Team to maintain this in a knowledge base.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Proven ability in planning, producing, and delivering compliant proposals, and writing and editing proposal content within a complex consulting business environment.
• Strong communication skills and able to demonstrate a balance of writing ability, creative flair and influencing skills.
• Proven time and project management skills, able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines for complex, multidisciplinary opportunities.
• Qualified to degree level (or higher) with experience of a proposal and bid writing role in an Environmental Consultancy or similar context.
• Experienced in scheduling and running kick-off meetings, storyboard sessions, review meetings, governance and signoff, document production and delivery of completed proposals.
• Any knowledge or experience of the sectors and markets SLR operates within – particularly Environmental & Social Impact – or wider Environmental/ Advisory/ Engineering Consultancy would be advantageous