Business Services Semi Senior - East London | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Business Services Semi Senior
East London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Wilson Wright is an independent accounting, tax and business advisory firm based in the City of London. Our origins go back over 125 years and many of our client partnerships span decades. We are proud to be a people-led professional advisory firm, where heritage, trust and partnership are at the heart of what we believe in.
Over the last decade the firm has undergone a transformation to become the dynamic and highly respected advisory firm it is today.
Central to our core belief is that client relationships and great service are critical to our success and that by promoting a personal, precise, supportive, innovative and proactive environment. We are a trusted adviser delivering valuable advice of the highest standard.
We act for a diverse range of clients who operate in a multitude of sectors both in the UK and Internationally including, but not limited to, property, fintech, sports, entertainment and media.
Our purpose is to Make it Count: we aim to inspire and support each other to be at our best, so we can make a lasting difference to our clients, the community and our firm.
What we value:
- We deliver exceptional client service.
We take great personal pride in helping our clients to achieve their goals.
- We are one team, together we make it count.
People are our greatest asset and together we all work as one team.
- We do the Wright thing.
Integrity is central to everything we do. Clients depend on us and trust us to do the right thing
- We all strive to be the best we can be.
We set high standards in everything that we do and hold ourselves accountable for achieving them.
We are looking for a bright accountant to join our tight knit team. You will demonstrate an interest in supporting businesses, have strong communication skills and the ability to analyse and interpret data for our clients.
You will be responsible for a portfolio of clients from various industries so it is essential that you can prioritise work, meet deadlines set by a manager and at the same time deliver the highest possible service. Initially you will be directed by senior staff, managers and partners but over time and depending on your rate of progress we hope you will be able to take on more responsibility as your role progresses.
In the longer term, there is scope within the role for you to gain experience of marketing our services to our clients and potential clients.
You will travel to client’s premises where necessary.
Study support to be provided if applicable.
Day to Day Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Daily book-keeping for a variety of clients across all sectors
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly management accounts
- VAT returns
- Reporting key performance indicators and variances to clients
- Assisting with the management of client’s files
- Liaising with HMRC
- Help with ad-hoc tasks
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required:
- Part or qualified AAT or ACCA trainees
- Strong academics with a degree being desirable, but not essential
- Two to three years relevant work experience
- Experience using Sage and Xero
- Basic Management Accounts preparation skills essential
- Previous interaction with clients essential
- Strong business focus and awareness of current affairs
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to analyse and interpret data
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Deadline focused
- Advanced Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, Outlook
*In addition to the responsibilities listed above, you will be required to undertake GDPR training in order to fully understand the regulations and ensure all work is carried out in a compliant manner. As part of any recruitment process, the Firm collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The Firm is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.*Wilson Wright is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified candidates eligible to work in the UK.