Branch Manager - Kendal | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Kendal, Cumbria, England
£19142 - £24905/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Branch Manager- Jewellers/ Pawnbrokers
Ramsdens needs you!!!
We are a diversified retailer who provide foreign currency exchange, retail jewellery and pawnbroking services and we are continuing our exciting expansion in 2021 with branches opening in even more locations.
We have been around since 1987 and since then have gone from strength to strength growing to over 160 stores across England, Scotland and Wales to deliver our mission of providing the best customer offering and delivering such fantastic service that our customers become ambassadors for Ramsdens.
To do this we need dynamic, motivated and customer focused team players with a drive to succeed to join our Ramsdens family and ensure our continued success. Building strong and lasting customer relationships with your great personality and excellent product knowledge so that every customer leaves remembering their Ramsdens experience for all the right reasons.
What is in it for you?
Aside from a competitive base salary we offer multiple fantastic (and achievable) bonus schemes across our different product areas which means our teams are rewarded for the great work that they put in. We offer amazing discounts across all of our services, additional holidays for each of your first 5 years working with us plus a holiday for your birthday each year too.
If you want to advance at Ramsdens, we will help you get there, there’s nothing stopping you becoming one of our future Area Managers.
If this sounds good to you and you’re looking for a position where you’re never bored and are part of a close-knit team with a shared goal for success then click on the “apply now” button and send us your CV.
Job Title: Branch Manager
Hours: hours over 5 days per week
Salary: £19,-£24, per year
Full induction and training will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Review operational turnover, maintain maximum efforts to achieve agreed operating income
* Manage and closely control company assets
* Support branch staff
* Ensure staff are fully trained and maximise all sales opportunities
* Maintain high standards of branch housekeeping
* Maintain a safe working environment adhering to Company Health and Safety policies
* Ensure staff are effectively trained, coached to meet branch requirements and review staff performance
* Manage and control window displays
* Monitor stock handling by staff
* Cooperate with the audit team
* Actively participate in marketing promotions
* Competitor intelligence
* Monitor and review employee absence
* Assist branch recruitment where necessary
* Manage customer complaints
* Ability to use menu driven packages with confidence
* Understanding and working within the legal requirements of various legislation
Skills and Specifications:
* Able to take responsibility for at least one other staff member
* Face to face customer service experience
* Able to demonstrate commercial thinking ability
* Able to manage own and colleague’s times effectively
* Able to give and take clear instruction verbally and through email
* Able to solve problems with both staff and customers alike
* Must be able to build external relationships outside of the business that will allow for long term growth
* Basic PC Skills with the ability to learn new tasks quickly
* Capable of effecting high performance and dealing with performance related issues
* Able to understand Company processes and procedures and the impact on day to day branch activity
* Able to demonstrate effective understanding of communication issues with the ability to influence any outcome
How we will use this information about you
To check your eligibility to work in the UK, assess and confirm your suitability for employment and manage the recruitment process
This information may be shared with members of our recruitment team and will not be shared for marketing purposes