£30000 - £35000 Per Annum
Position: Full-time, permanent
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 /year
Ideal is an inspiring place to work. We are an independent SME, offering a refreshingly different experience to larger IT solutions providers. We select technology vendors that are at the top of their game so that our experts can design the real-world solutions our customers need. We continually invest in our employees' development and training to keep our skills fresh and enable our employees to further their development whether this be technical qualifications, soft skills training or something personal to them.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and aim to offer all our staff the support they need to achieve their career goals. We particularly welcome candidates from under-represented groups in the Tech Community.
We are looking for a part-qualified or newly qualified Management Accountant to join our dynamic Finance team at Ideal. If you are commercially focussed and looking for the next step in your career, this is an excellent opportunity to become an integral part of an innovative and growing technology business in the heart of Brighton.
This is a key role and you will be responsible for maintaining accurate and timely accounting records, delivering both regular and adhoc financial management reporting and for the provision of first line financial decision support across the business.
As part of a small finance team, this is a wide-ranging role, with responsibilities including accounts payable administration, oversight of day-to-day financial controls, production and presentation of monthly management accounts and the preparation of draft annual financial statements.
What you'll be doing:
- Key interface between Finance and Sales, providing a control check on sales costings and profitability and ensuring purchase orders have been raised correctly.
- Owning the accounts payable process, ensuring that supplier invoices and credit notes are entered into our financial system and correctly matched to the appropriate nominal code and job.
- Proactively obtaining statements from key suppliers, reconciling to our financial system, identifying missing transactions and following up accordingly.
- Monitoring incoming financial correspondence, actioning and/or forwarding as appropriate.
- As part of a small team, providing cover for payroll, accounts receivable and credit control processes as well as other corporate administrative processes when required.
- Maintaining effective relationships with customers, suppliers and finance team contacts such as our bankers, auditors and HMRC.
Accounting and reporting
- Ensuring that accounting records are kept up to date, balance sheet accounts reconciled and appropriate journals including accruals and prepayments made on a monthly basis
- Preparing accurate and timely monthly management accounts and accompanying analysis to support SMT and Board performance management.
- Analysing the financial performance of individual jobs, ensuring that financial performance matches our expectations from the sales process and following up with the appropriate teams in the event of anomalies
- Assisting Finance and Business Improvement Director in preparation of forecasts, projections and the annual budget process.
- Contributing financial analysis expertise to the preparation of financial aspects tenders/bids as required
- Liaising with external accountants and auditors in the preparation and submission of our year end statutory accounts.
- Overseeing preparation of HMRC returns and liaising with HMRC as required.
- Proactively looking for ways to improve our systems, controls and working practises
A good fit for this role will:
- Ensure that all relevant information is captured and processed within the financial system accurately and in a timely manner with all relevant parties kept up to date
- Create draft and final management accounts and related information to a high standard and within an agreed timeframe
- Help manage shared finance inbox to ensure that operational financial issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Be widely accepted across the business as the key contact point for the resolution of operational finance queries
Skills and experience
- AAT qualified or undergraduate degree, studying ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Experience in Accounts Payable/Management Reporting or similar role
- Strong technical financial skills, a focus and interest in financial decision support, financial control and financial process improvement
- Accurate, detail oriented and results driven approach.
- High level Excel spreadsheeting skills, including the ability to create and manipulate pivot table data
- Experience of SAGE Financials or similar accounting system
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers at all levels both verbally and in writing
- Adept at analysing information in order to generate ideas and find solutions to problems.
- Ability to manage own workload, prioritise meet key deadlines and work across the broader team
To apply to our vacancy a Management Accountant, please click on Apply to submit a copy of your CV for consideration.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Posted 16 days ago