Firmware Engineer - Cambridge | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
All experience levels considered (0-10 years)
£ competitive salary, flexible working, 25 days annual leave, 5% company pension, private medical insurance, life assurance cover, blended home and office working, employee assistance programme, paid volunteer leave, regular social and wellbeing events and much more!
We are looking for a talented Firmware Engineer to join our team. If you enjoy working as part of a small and dynamic team, then this could be the role for you. The position would be ideal for a candidate who has a good understanding of firmware fundamentals and wishes to work within an innovative company with an expanding product range.
*Please note this role is currently 100% remote until coronavirus restrictions ease.
geo aims to create a sustainable future where every household can manage its overall consumption and carbon footprint, without even having to think about it. In addition to providing management systems and data analysis for solar, EV and home heating, the company is the leading supplier of in-home displays to the UK Smart Metering programme and has deployed +6 million units to date. A recipient of the Queen's Award for Innovation, geo combines its smart energy displays, control and automation capabilities with leading edge data science, AI, cloud, firmware, UX, UI and customer insight to create complete carbon management systems.
Depending on experience, key responsibilities include:
- Development of production C firmware for geo's IoT devices
- Active participation in the team's design and decomposition of development goals (epics) into tasks for all team members (stories)
- Technical leadership of epics or projects
- Ensuring high quality, maintainable code through appropriate unit/integration testing and any necessary collateral
- Working with system test and customer engineering teams to debug issues pre and post release
- Playing a leading role in one or more supporting areas such as specification, build systems, mock infrastructure etc.
Depending on experience, you will have proven experience in embedded software development
and be able to demonstrate expertise in the majority of the below:
- Embedded software development experience using C in a resource constrained environment
- Experience working with prototype hardware ranging from radio communications to displays
- Proven ability to work effectively in an agile team at all phases of product development
- Working knowledge or interest in the IP suite and/or .4 based communications
- 1st or 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject or demonstrably excellent technical skills and knowledge
- Exposure to IoT technologies and / or cloud services architectures
To register your interest for this position, please click APPLY and submit your CV and Cover Letter together on one document with your salary expectations and availability.