Project Engineer Torness
£38000.00 - £48000.00 per annum
We are currently searching for a Project Engineer to be based at Torness Power station on a permanent basis.
- Supporting multiple projects within the station project portfolio. Project Engineers will support either Project Manager or Construction Manager in managing allocated work from assignment to close out covering all duties related to work delivery as requested by the Project Manager or Construction Manager in order to ensure that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner to its conclusion.
- Typically, degree educated, in engineering or a related subject. Chartered or equivalent preferred.
- APMP formal project management qualification preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including Construction Design Management and Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Knowledge of budget monitoring, commercial awareness and experience at managing contractors.
- EC&I knowledge and experience.
- Strong understanding of the need for Quality within the project environment and familiarity with the use and structure of Quality Assurance documentation.
- Must be well versed in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Mobility when required (within UK full driving license).
- Suitable relevant project experience within engineering/construction projects, including the application of project management processes.
- Suitable relevant technical experience including the preparation of technical documentation, the review and approval of technical proposals and procedures, experience of construction, testing and commissioning activities.
- Experience of supervising and setting contractors/sub contractors to work in their roles and experience in leading a project team.
- Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Support the Project Manager with day to day activities required to deliver work in line with the project plan including safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives.
- Facilitate and chair project meetings and regular progress meetings as required by the Project Manager.
- Prepare and maintain project documentation including Project Definition Document, Quality Plans and other documents as required.
- Ensure production of technical specifications and support the process of contractor selection and contract placement.
- Review documentation including contractors documents and drawings.
- Ensure technical queries are managed in accordance with process and procedures.
- Carry out financial and technical appraisals of project options.
- Perform feasibility studies, site surveys and liaison with designers and station staff as required.
- Prepare work packages including preparation of work order cards and review of contractors risk assessments and method statements.
- Carry out duties of APSA when required.
- Prepare Engineering Changes and manage the preparation of supporting and affected documents.
- Prepare commissioning documents and act as test team leader where appropriate.
- Manage the delivery of assigned small projects, jobs and tasks ensuring that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner in line with the relevant procedures.
- Perform the duties of a field supervisor as required.
- Perform the duties of a nominated supervisor as required.
- Delivering allocated roles and tasks in a safe manner to the specified functional criteria, goals and objectives, compliant with appropriate legislation, Project Procedures and within the approved project baseline, scope, cost, schedule and quality requirements.
- Managing assigned small projects, jobs and tasks ensuring that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner in line with the relevant procedures
- Approvals of the Project Engineer in principle are as follows:
- Review of technical reports, contractors documents and drawings within agreed limits and specifically excluding documents needing EDF technical review.
- Approval of contractors risk assessments and method statements.
- Ensure that technical queries are approved within agreed limits.
Posted 19 days ago