Preston, Lancashire, England
£36k per year
Salary: Circa £35k
Location : Preston
Hours: 08:00 - 16:30 Core Hours
Looking for an experienced hands-on senior electrical engineer to take on the responsibility for electrical build quality, leading the electrical engineering team and be proactive in the site maintenance. This will include liaising with design at all stages of quotations and manufacturing to improve, innovate and develop products, supporting management to ensure delivery promises are met and quality standards maintained. This may also include offsite work to commission and maintain equipment at customers sites
Skills and Experience:
- For this position a minimum of 5 years demonstrable experience is required, ideally within a senior engineering role with knowledge of industrial manufacturing.
- Strong electrical knowledge of 3PH 380-440v, 230vAC, low voltage applications and DC control systems
- Experience with specifying electrical distribution systems and panels, protection, transformers, motors, switch-gear and operator control interfaces
- Capable of systematic fault finding and rectification to ensure correct operation of electrical and systems based equipment
- Perform factory acceptance testing (FAT) including continuity/resistance, MCB and assist in building of documented certification package
- Experience with PLC's.
- Electrical systems design experience would be beneficial for this role
- IT literate and some knowledge of MS office and ERP systems
Posted 33 days ago