Test Manager (Security cleared)
Here at NPS we have a simple set of values that sets out who we are as a company. We are:
Intelligent – we make the right choices
Involved – our enthusiasm creates energy
Innovative – we always ask what’s next
Our business is all about making lives safer, healthier, better managed and mobile
Our software underpins critical police, health, housing and local government services, ensuring delivery of the right data at the right time to protect and improve people’s lives.
We’re as committed to the positive social outcomes of our customers’ services as they are, which means we put people first. In the interfaces and systems we design, and the software support and development service we provide.
Across the world, billions of people every day rely on the services and benefits provided by their police, health services, housing and local government. Their home, welfare, wellbeing and security often depend on them.
We create and manage the software that connects people with these services. We design smart interfaces and data processes to ensure services are easy to use, always on, relevant, accurate and trusted.
Using internet, mobile and AI technology, we are designing new tools that maximise the positive experience people have of critical services, and helping to make sure they are safer, healthier, better managed, and able to organise their life on the go.
Working closely with our customers – the service providers – we define people’s needs today and in the future – and work intelligently to continuously improve our software products and data management.
Our software underpins the performance of our customers as they serve their customers. Our constant focus is making sure our software is stable, efficient, cost efficient and secure.
We’re proud of the role we play, improving people’s lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, we’re going to make a difference to millions of people more.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide – this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
The primary role of the UAT Manager is to facilitate and ensure that the client testing runs smoothly and to the agreed UAT plan and schedule.
This role is highly reactive and there are a lot of activities that are undertaken / required as part of this role that are not covered as part of this document but have to be managed on a day-to-day basis.
Experience: 10+ years within IT Industry and 5+ years within QA Lead function. SC or NPPV clearance is essential
UAT Specific Activities
- Generation of a UAT plans to detail the test approach and all activities to be undertaken by NPS and the client throughout the UAT
- Resource Management for all team members required for the UAT support, including QA and BA resources.
- Management of UAT activities including:
- Ensuring that all UAT activities are resourced for the duration of the UAT, including:
- Onsite Coordination of the UAT activities and offshore coordination when agreed with Project Manager
- BA / PO support for the UAT activities.
- Provide details to the Project Manager on the requirements - It will be the Project Managers responsibility to support this and ensure that it is in place
- Ensuring that all preparation activities are undertaken to ensure that the UAT can commence, including:
- Ensuring that all Test Cases have been loaded into Test Management tool
- Test Cases have been completed and undertaken the review process
- Be primary liaison with Client Test Manager and to own all Test related activities and actions
- Perform UAT management activities onsite (As agreed with the QA Manager) when required details, listed below.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the Entry and Exit Criteria and all guidelines detailed within the associated Test Strategy are adhered to for all Customer test phases
- Organising and attending client meetings for UAT progress and generating reports / information to support the testing position.
- Generation of Daily internal report that details the status of all test activities, progress against plan and details of risks / issues.
- Escalation of any serious issues to Programme / Project Manager for resolution including:
- Issues where an agreement cannot be reached upon priority
- Issues on timescales for delivery that do not meet client requirements
- Primary conduit between the client Testing activities and the Development / QA team for all activities meaning the following:
- Ensuring that all high priority issues are detailed to the designated Development Manager for resolution as part of an agreed patch schedule
- Ownership of issues that arise throughout the test phases
General Test Management Responsibilities
- Management of a small team with responsibilities including:
- Performance Management
- Work allocation and tracking
- Test Process Improvements across the Software lifecycle
- Generation and implementation of Test Strategy and Test Plan documents across all phases of testing
- Ensuring all Test activities are in line with the company Quality Management Processes and guidelines
- Test Estimation and planning
Required Knowledge, Experience and Attributes
- Management of User Acceptance Test activities
- Senior Stakeholder and customer management
- Testing within the Software Development Lifecycle within Scrum (Agile) process
- Risk-based testing approach
- Generation of test documentation, including:
- Test Specifications
- Test Strategy
- Detailed Test Plans
- Test Reports
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight delivery deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to motivate and drive team to delivery to highest quality standards within agreed timescales
Qualified to a minimum of ISTQB Foundation Level with ISTQB Advanced preferred
- Need to be located for easy commute to both London and Nottingham
- Be prepared to travel inland and overseas as and where project needs demand
- Role is technically home based but expect most of time to spent in client offices or NPS offices
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
- A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- The role offers a competitive salary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.
Posted 12 days ago