Senior Product Manager
Founded in 2013, OYO is the world's fastest growing hotel network operating over 800+ cities 23000+ hotels and 850,000+ rooms across 80+ countries including India, China, Japan, Malaysia, UAE, Indonesia and UK.
OYO has received several accolades including Economic Times Startup of the Year (2018), LinkedIn Top Employer in India (2018), Express IT Startup of the Year Award (2015), NDTV Dream Chaser of the Year (2016) and IAMAI Digital Startup of the Year (2016). It was recognized by Business Today as among the Coolest Startups in India (2016) and ranked by LinkedIn as one of the top employee attractors in India every year since 2016. OYO is backed by leading global investors, including the SoftBank Group, China Lodging, Greenoaks Capital, Sequoia Capital and Lightspeed Venture Partners.
Technology is a core driver of every aspect of OYO’s business, from supply discovery, hotel onboarding, transformation, CX management, booking and post booking experience, to running efficient hotel operations. Led by engineering leaders and principal engineers with extensive past experience at companies like Amazon, Google, Microsoft and Adobe, OYO is proud to have one of the best technology teams anywhere in the world. If you are looking for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where you don’t have to choose between complexity and scale and get to learn from some of the sharpest colleagues, OYO is the right place for you.
OYO in Europe
Following its considerable success in India, OYO in now looking to transform the European hospitality landscape by building a network of hotels, guest homes and holiday residences across the continent. As part of our ambitious expansion plans we are hiring Product Managers across Europe. Working with the local business teams and supported by our new Technology Center in Amsterdam, you will be responsible for conceiving, building and supporting the products and services we need to make OYO successful in Europe. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, entrepreneurial, energetic and experienced Product Manager who believes in the OYO mission and puts the customer first!
What we’re looking for
- You have shipped multiple products with clear business impact. You have not just been involved in shipping these, but have also owned the product from ideation to launch
- You are a strategic thinker. At Oyo, we are in the business of disrupting the status quo and for that we need people who can think beyond the limits of conventional wisdom!
- You don’t just understand technology, you love technology! You have an eye for what a good technology product and a great user experience looks like
- You have empathy for users, and you take pride in being the voice of the customer inside the organization. To achieve this goal, you are willing to do whatever it takes: speak directly to the customer, conduct UX studies, or deep dive into your product usage data
- You are driven by data. You have good quantitative and analytical skills and are comfortable deriving insights from data
- You have a bias for action: from writing the marketing launch plan to QAing new features, from conducting the competitive landscape analysis to creating mocks for user-testing, you are willing to do whatever it takes to ship the product
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and are comfortable driving influence without authority.
- Own your team’s charter, strategy and product roadmap of a key area of business
- Be the voice of the customer: deeply understand customer needs and pain points through research, one-on-one interactions directly with users or other business stakeholders and through insights from data
- Understand the competitive landscape and devise a plan to stay ahead of it
- Define the KPIs that your team will own, and set targets to improve these metrics
- Prioritize: identify the most impactful problems to solve and be able to measure the business impact of solving them
- Ideate: identify the best ways to solve a problem using technology and design and articulate it clearly and in detail through product requirement documents
- Collaborate: foster collaboration with business stakeholders, design and engineering teams
- Drive using data: define metrics and measurement strategies for the product and team and own targets for relevant metrics.
- At least 4+ years of experience in product management
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, business or a related discipline. A Master’s degree in Engineering, Business or a quantitative discipline is highly desirable
- Leadership skills: proven experience in aligning and building consensus with stakeholders/colleagues across multiple regions, the ability to inspire your teams, and value collaboration
- Experience in managing junior product managers is a bonus for candidates with a higher work experience
- Fluent in English. Working knowledge of another European language preferred.
Please visit our blog for more information
Posted 15 days ago