Transport Section Manager-FMCG National Food Supplier
£28k - 31k per year + Company Benefits
Transport Manager-FMCG national food supplier
£28,000-£31,000 + Company Benefits
I am looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Transport Manager with previous warehouse and transport backgrounds. You will need supervisory and people management experience.
Working within a team environment, you will assist the Warehouse Manager with both warehouse and transport operational KPIs to tight deadlines and drive improvements by engaging the team in promoting a positive culture.
You will be required to work alternate shift patterns of 6.00am to 2.00pm & 2.00pm to 10.00pm and 5 days per week, Monday to Friday, but flexibility of hours is required to cover operational needs.
Job role & requirements:
- CPC Certificate of Professional Competence
- A good understanding of multi-temperature warehouse procedures and compliance
- Supervisory / Management experience, ideally in an FMCG warehousing environment
- Experienced people manager ideally for from the food or drink sector
- Proficient in Transport/Warehouse management systems
- Management and control of top-level cost and productivity KPIs
- Specialising in Logistics will engage you in managing our warehouse teams: Goods In, Selection or Goods Out and the training will ensure you are ready to lead either team successfully
- Extensive Health & Safety knowledge
- IOSH Managing Safely Certificate
- Commitment and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent people management skills and the ability to develop self and others
- A good understanding of Transport Legislation and the impact of noncompliance to protect the company Operator Licence
- Ability to effectively plan labour and resource to deliver operational requirements to a timely manner whilst meeting agreed KPI's and Service Levels
- A good understanding of multi-temperature warehouse/transport procedures and compliance
- PC skills for Excel / Word / PowerPoint andWMSexperience
This is an exciting opportunity to join a positive, supportive team, and earn the utmost in employee rewards and career development.
Interested in this challenge - send your CV to taj@corecruitment
Posted 42 days ago