Airdrie, North Lanarkshire
Up to £9.00 per hour
Are you ready to make a difference? Come and be part of the Mears family and help us make people smile.
Who we are:
Mears Care is one of the UKs largest providers of domiciliary care & support services, delivering almost 5.8 million hours of support a year on behalf of 107 local authorities & 30 clinical commissioning groups.
Mears have recently been voted as one of the Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for by the Sunday Times based on feedback from our employees.
- Providing support and encourage independence to individuals with a learning disability, additional support needs and mental health, who live in their own homes in the community.
- Accompanying individuals in social activities and assist in developing and maintaining the social interests of the individual.
- Promoting Community and Company participation events with individuals with physical or learning disabilities, or who require additional support in community based activities, such as shopping, banking, volunteering, classes, clubs or sporting activities.
- Assisting with personal care and support to clients including washing, bathing and toileting, where required. Full training and support is provided.
- Assisting with Healthcare, including assisting the service user to take medication as appropriate. Full training and ongoing support is provided.
- Assisting with practical support and domestic tasks including laundry, cleaning, shopping and meal preparation.
- Providing specialised support for clients with more complex needs if required.
- Assisting with sleepover work within our 24/7 services, if applicable.
Due to the nature of this role, support visits are not always located in a fixed location and the distance between two or more working locations in a working day may not be close geographically, therefore a driving licence is highly preferred but is not essential to candidates who are willing to walk or use public transport in their own time.
Applicants must be willing to work a minimum of alternate weekends and demonstrate high levels of flexibility.
What we offer:
- Full initial training to include our Employment Assessment Workshop to completion of the Care Certificate at 12 weeks.
- Flexible hours with part time options & guaranteed hours available.
- 28 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Access to Mears Rewards giving you discounts on various high street brands, household bills, holidays and more!
- If you have more than 12 months experience as a domiciliary care worker you will receive a £300 golden handshake.
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Refer a friend bonus of up to £1000!
- Annual company fun days at Drayton Manor where you and your family can have a day out completely on us once a year
If you share our passion for making a positive difference to peoples lives then please apply now!
Posted 35 days ago