Why the role exists
At Oakbrook we have ambitious growth plans and are looking for people to work as part of our Data chapter. We are expanding our team and looking for talented Data Engineers to maintain and develop the Data platform. You will get to work with an incredible bunch of people in a creative, energetic environment. In this role you will be focused on delivering a key 2019 /2020 initiatives to take Oakbrook to the next level.
We also think we have a fantastic company culture, and genuinely walk the walk when it comes to giving our people the chance to be their very best. Please take some time to read our People Value Proposition here: https://www.oakbrookfinance.com/careers
What you will be doing
You will play a vital role and will be an integral member of the delivery team. No two days are the same but typically some of things you will be doing will be:
- Representing the Data chapter as an embedded resource in a delivery team
- Participating in chapter meetings and supporting Product Owners in meetings where technical input is required
- Liaising and consulting with stakeholders and Product Owners to understand problems we are looking to solve and constructively challenging
- Ensuring incident related duties are completed and driving improvements to reduce the possibility of reoccurring Incidents and bugs
- You will be a technically proficient SQL developer, who is comfortable leading by example in coding best practices and standards
Core technical skills
We would expect candidates to have proven experience in the following:
- Strong T-SQL programming
- Data modelling and Data Warehouse design principles
- Developing production quality ETL processes using SSIS that consume various data sources, ideally REST APIs and message queues
Non-core technical skills
We would ideally like candidates to have experience in some of the following:
- Azure SQL Database and SQL Managed Instance
- Working with JSON data types in SQL Server
- C development
- Azure Data Factory
- Continuous Integration and Delivery ideally with Azure DevOps Pipelines
- Experience working in team using agile methodologies e.g. Scrum
- Comfortable using version control system, ideally git
- Power BI
You will be a natural team player who collaborates and thrives in a team environment. You will be the kind of person who always asks, "How can I help someone today?". You should be passionate about continuous improvement, have a desire to learn new techniques and trends, grow and support others to do the same. You will also have the confidence to speak in front of groups of people.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a skilled Data Engineer to join a fast paced, target- driven business in Nottingham City Centre on a full-time basis. In return we are offering a competitive salary and a fantastic suite of company benefits.
If this sounds like you, get in touch we would love to hear from you!
Posted 15 days ago