Assistant Finance Manager
£32000 to £38000 per annum
A fast-growing distribution business on the outskirts of Barnsley, easily accessible from Junction 38 of the M1, has a newly created vacancy for the position of Assistant Management Accountant.
Reporting to the Financial Controller as part of a small, high performing team, you will enjoy a wide-ranging role that provides access to all areas of the finance function. The business is a distributor of specialist and technical products to customers in the UK and Europe. The site in Barnsley is the largest operating site in Western Europe with the Head Office function also based in the UK.
You’ll benefit from the support of a highly experienced Financial Controller who’s keen to develop the skillset of the Assistant Management Accountant rapidly. The key areas of responsibility include:
- Supporting the Financial Controller with all aspects of Month end accounting including preparation of accruals and prepayments, General Ledger and Bank reconciliations, preparation of the monthly management reporting board pack and quarterly VAT returns.
- Acting as Finance Business Partner to internal support functions
- Management of the UK business debtor’s ledger, working with the Sales & Commercial team to review and monitor Customer Credit Limits
- Regular review of the overdue debt position with the Financial Controller to agree an action plan before of the Weekly Debtors Review
- Ownership of the Customer Billing process, ensuring the accuracy of the invoicing process and being the point of contact for invoice related queries
- Overseeing the Accounts Payable processes in order to ensure Supplier Invoices and expense claims are processes and paid in a timely manner
- Distribution of supplier remittances prepared by the Accounts Payable team
- Ownership and management of Head Office support contracts, specifically for IT and Telecoms infrastructure, Company Fuel Cards and Administration outsourcing
- Financial management of all Leased Assets including vehicles
We’re looking for someone who enjoys a busy and varied role in a large, progressive business. The Financial Controller is keen to pass on as much responsibility as the Assistant Management Accountant wants to take, making this a great opportunity for someone to develop the role quickly and build their experience.
You’ll need to have experience from a similar role that includes at least 2 years of management accounts preparation. A solid understanding of the fundamental and basic principles of accounting is essential. You may be CIMA or ACCA Part Qualified, or alternatively be Qualified by Experience in a similar role. You must be able to demonstrate a team focused work ethic and the ability to manage your own workload effectively.
Willoughby Professional Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent positions and an employment business for temporary positions. Willoughby Professional Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Posted 38 days ago