Professional Services Consultant
Are you ready to join the global leader in engineering and industrial software? You'll be part of a team that drives digital transformation to over 16,000 customers across the globe and strives for excellence every day.
There are 4,700 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we're all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
Job Purpose We are looking for a motivated and experienced Control Engineer who has a taste for Chemical Engineering, or a Chemical Engineer with a taste for Control Engineering, to join our Optimisation team in Madrid.
- Real Time Optimization (RTO) application implementations
- Maintenance of RTO applications
- Customer Consultancy
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
Essential Skills and experience:
- Degree in Control Engineering, Chemical Engineering or similar - preferably PhD and/or 3-4 years relevant experience
- An understanding of the unit operations used in chemical plants and refineries
- Experience in simulating distillation towers, compressors and expanders, heat integrated systems and refinery conversion units
- Ability to analyse and understand process simulation results
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in using computers and computer applications
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Willing to allocate around 30 percent of your time to travel
- Fluency in English
Desirable (but not essential) Skills:
- Knowledge of process control, especially optimization based on model predictive control is a plus
- Experience in communication through windows networks and between different systems (eg OPC protocol) is a plus
- Proficiency on Visual Basic for Excel, SQL queries and scripting languages such as TCL is a plus
- Additional languages including but not limited to German, French and Russian would be a benefit
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Concerning agencies: Aveva does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such
Posted 14 days ago