Senior Field Technician
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, England
£30k - 34k per year
Permanent (Full time)
KS9 - Senior Field Technician
Salary: £30,000 - £34,000
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking an O&M Senior Technician on behalf of one of our clients. The purpose of this role is to maintain solar plants to ensure they operate at optimum levels.
Full industry training will be provided for qualified and experienced electricians
Applications from ex-military candidates are actively encouraged, however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adhere to all HSE procedures at all times and play an active role in Risk Assessment.
Perform preventative and corrective maintenance of:
Inverters (i.e. thermal analysis, performance analysis).
Modules (i.e. thermal analysis, integrity checks).
Structures (i.e. bolt tightening, corrosion checks).
Provide comprehensive reports in line with Company standards, in a prompt and diligent manner, these reports can be prepared remotely, not necessarily at site or in the office.
Provide electrical maintenance services for portfolio of solar farms in a specified region.
Regular travel to sites in your allocated region.
On occasions you will be expected to travel to different regions to provide extra support if required.
Assist with the compilation of insurance and warranty claims.
Manage relationships local subcontractors.
Take full ownership of assigned sites.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified electrician; BS7671 and Level 3 Electrical NVQ or appropriate equivalent.
- Time served as Electrician.
- Have solid knowledge of understanding risk assessments, method statements, etc.
- Open to using collective knowledge and guidance, however, can also work on own initiative.
- Excellent, habitual report writing and IT skills.
- Can be relied on as part of the team.
- Can conduct basic fault finding and diagnostics.
- Capable of attending a site, identify faults, diagnose them, and perform repairs accordingly.
- Knowledge of HV systems - must be a minimum of AP1 level and looking to work towards AP3 Level.
- Clean, full Driving Licence.
- Working at heights is an advantage.
- Be comfortable working in a multinational team.
- Good time-management and punctuality.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to prioritise workload effectively.
- Able to work remotely without close supervision.
- HSE awareness.
- Passionate about renewables.
- Motivated and willing to receive training and development.
- Be comfortable in an out-door work environment.
- Solar experience; operating and fault finding on inverters, HV, DC & AC.
- Industrial PV installation maintenance experience.
- Inverter maintenance experience.
- High Voltage (HV) Switching experience.
- Knowledge of network infrastructure (e.g. LAN, routers, switches).
- A recognised electrical qualification such as City and Guilds 2382-18 (18th Edition), would be an advantage.
- Any Inverters maintenance course would be an advantage.
- Testing and inspection certification 2391 an advantage.
Salary: £30,000 - £34,000
Posted 71 days ago