Senior Nurse - Adult or Learning Disability Branch, Heather House- Tadley
£31,121 - £36,664 + £3,000 welcome bonus + Benefits
Nurses, do you want to have enough time in your day to do things that are really important. We encourage and enable each other to take pride in what we do and go home with that buzz that goes with helping people and truly feeling appreciated. With a strong CQC rating built on the quality of person centred support we provide and a unique comradery reflected in the amount of team members that have worked here a number of years, we have a fantastic opportunity for a nurse to join us in our care home based in Tadley.
At Heather House we support 16 younger adults who have complex and life limiting diseases and disabilities and we specialise in the support and care of young people who have Juvenile Batten Disease along with palliative and end of life care. When it comes to care we want nurses who think outside the box, get to truly know the people we support and dig deeper into finding out different ways of improving their lives.
We have fantastic facilities, with a day activity centre on site, hydro pool, Jacuzzi’s, gym, Interactive suite, music room, garden rooms a fully accessible kitchen and a large fruit and vegetable garden as well as accommodation for visiting relatives and friends. Our clinical support is provided by quarterly Neurologist clinic held on site, weekly GP visits and quarterly dietician reviews. On top of that we have a huge team of staff including physios, speech therapists, specialist teams and support workers all who work together collaboratively to make sure it’s a safe place to live and work.
- As a lead nurse you will assess and deliver health care and support to a core group of 8 individuals on a daily basis, and be Named Nurse to a maximum of 3 individuals
- Your support will include the management of gastrostomy devices, nasogastric tubes, indwelling catheters, nebuliser and oxygen therapy as well as complex nutritional, postural, psychological, palliative and end of life support.
- You will work on a rotational shift basis, including alternate weekends within an established team.
- As part of the senior team, planning, implementing and evaluating all aspects of support and health care, enabling each individual to enjoy a full and active life.
- You will be a role model to other staff, mentor, advise and support the development of all workers ensuring consistent standards are maintained at all times.
Posted 21 days ago