Production Operator Team Lead
Production Team Leader Devices (DNA)
Initial 3 months (temp to perm)
Production Team Lead job opportunity based in Cardiff to work for a global organisation which provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world.
Production Team Leader Key Responsibilities:
Our client is looking for a Production Team Leader to oversee a team of circa 12 Production Operators who work in a DNAcontrolled cleanroom that manufacture DNA sample collection cards, devices and kits that are used by police forces and research laboratories.
These products have a reputation which is synonymous with quality, reliability and ease of use. This role is part of a team dedicated to maintaining this reputation through on time delivery and complete customer satisfaction.
As a Production Team Lead, you will supervise a team of Production Operators involved in the assembly of products, carrying out process quality control activities including recording results and completing batch records, escalating machine faults and routine maintenance when required.
Production Team Leader Responsibilities:
- Weekly delivery of the planned Master Production Schedule (MPS) maximising utilisation of resource.
- Monitoring and improving productivity, while ensuring all customer commitments are met in a timely, quality and costconscious manner
- Developing and creating training plans to maximise workforce capability
- Managing the department training records
- Leading Compliance, as well as Environmental, Health & Safety efforts in support of plant goals
- Driving LEAN manufacturing implementation
- Conduct root cause analysis on process and product quality issues using tools such as HOP
The role will involve operations in the clean rooms and may involve lifting reasonable loads and sitting/standing for continued periods.
Production Team Lead Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience supervising a team of Production Operators
- Ability to teach and coach others
- Experiencing training Production Operators
- Experience in cleanrooms
- Able to work to a controlled documented process
- Focused on Quality and Compliance
- Health and Safety focused
- Target Driven
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing role
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- The ability to work in a crossfunctional team in a solutiondriven manner
- The ability to work on own initiative whilst being part of a wider team.
Production Team Lead Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in CNC desirable
- Experience in setting machines i.e. Printers, guillotines, die tools
- Experience operating an automated machine
- Experiencing recruiting & training staff
Production Team Lead Vacancy Details:
- Temp workers are required to wear protective equipment including face masks
- 5 hours per week
- The role will require the successful candidate to work a double day shift pattern of 62pm and 210pm (weekly rotations)
- Sometimes a 3rd shift will be added during busy periods (nights)
- Our client operates a 3break system: x2 15 minutes x1 30 minutes throughout the day (break every 2 hours)
- Overtime may be offered during periods of high production demand frequently run overtime on weekends
- Overtime during the week time and a half
- Weekend overtime doubletime
- Shift Allowance:
- Standard for the 2 normal shifts (62pm and 210pm) uplift of 14.4%
- Nights only 28.8% allowance
- 3 shift patters 30.4%
- Temp Staff are eligible to apply for permanent vacancies before advertised externally
Posted 27 days ago