Regional Finance Manager
Darlington, County Durham
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Regional Finance Manager North East
Today Mears is one of the UKs leading service providers to both the public and private sector with over 12,000 employees, working with clients to help develop, fund their placemaking ambitions.
Mears Groups vision is to make a positive difference to the people we serve by improving homes, improving communities and improving lives. We do this by developing outstanding partnerships with employees, clients, tenants, customers, their families and the wider community. We are looking for people who can help us deliver on our values, fulfil our future ambitions and their own.
Mears Group is currently searching for a Regional Finance Manager to support the Regional Finance Director and the successful development of the business by delivering first class management information & analysis, plans & forecasts. You will provide support to a wide range of stakeholders including executives, clients and non finance managers. The role involves travel around the North East.
Be an influential member of the team, developing strong links with managers across the business, and encouraging delivery of actions to improve the financial performance in the region.
Prepare achievable forecasts in cooperation with business managers. Ensure all budgets/forecasts are complete on time and supported by explanation and commentary. Identify key risks to profitability and help reduce or eliminate them.
Work with the Management Accounting function based in Gloucester each month and play significant part in review and signoff of the monthly accounts pack. Analyse and investigate key variances with managers and agree actions to reduce/remove negative variances.
Prepare timely and accurate weekly information as required including invoicing targets and cash collection targets.
Maintain a focus on cash. Day to day responsibility for review of debt and work in progress. Play leading role in developing a cash culture within the region.
Prepare and submit & work in line with group reporting schedules.
Provide ad hoc financial information and analyses as requested.
Play significant role in new branch mobilisations and contract demobilisations.
Perform or lead ad hoc investigations and projects from time to time.
Proactively provide a financial interpretation and advice service for nonfinancial managers in the business. Ensure that branch managers understand and take ownership of their financial performance.
Assist with the development of other members of the Finance and local branch teams.
Provision of excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
Provide support out of the region on occasion if required.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in an accounting environment.
- Demonstrable experience of engaging with and developing effective collaborative working relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Strong communicator The ability to communicate with people at all levels from varying backgrounds including those from a nonfinancial background.
- Demonstrable experience of planning, prioritising and consistently delivering work to a high standard and by the required deadline.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Demonstrable experience of working well under pressure and of working flexibly to manage competing priorities.
- Clear, considered and timely decision making skills, with the ability to analyse a situation quickly, proactively resolving issues, consider the risks and opportunities and create solutions for overall business benefit.
- Ideally CCAB Qualified, will consider QEB.
- Preferably at least 3 years experience in a social housing environment.
What you get in return:
Mears Group strive in career progression therefore there will be many opportunities to partake in Training and Development programmes opening more career prospects across our 8 housing departments across the UK.
At Mears we want to take care of our employees, thats why we have a benefits site called Mears Rewards exclusively for all our employees. This site has hundreds of savings at popular retailers as well as an important Employee Assistant Programme, to take care of your wellbeing. You could save up to £1,000 a year with the variety of offers we have at Mears Rewards, from Tesco to Thomas Cook there really is a saving for everyone that can make your money go further.
- 25 Days Annual leave plus bank holidays
- Family Fun Day
- Pension and Life assurance
Apply and take the first step on your journey with us today!
Posted 47 days ago