Graduate Software Developer
Knutsford, Cheshire, England
£50k - 60k per year + Exceptional benefits
Our client makes the world's most widely used software for web security testing.
It is an independent private company with no venture capitalists or other outside investors.
They are a UK success story, with over 10,000 customers in 130 countries, and over a decade of strong organic growth, all from their offices in Knutsford, Cheshire. Recognised in industry awards: Sunday Times Tech Track and Export Track, UK Private Business Awards finalist.
They are looking for the best Graduate Java Developers to join their team.
Exceed your development goals
- As an organisation we firmly believe in investing in our people and expect all our employees to prioritize personal development alongside getting the job done.
- As part of our graduate programme we will set you tailored development goals, taking into account your experience and career aspirations.
- To help you achieve these goals you will have a dedicated mentor (who is responsible for supporting you in meeting your learning goals) and a monthly 1-2-1 with a senior member of the development team (to keep your overall development on track).
- On-the-job training will also be provided from day one and resources will be made available to allow you to achieve your goals, whether these are experiencing new stages of software development, learning about new technologies, or gaining certifications as a software developer.
- Our graduate joiners typically make very rapid progress due to individual mentoring and coaching, in a way that is impossible on larger graduate schemes.
What will you be doing?
- Learn directly from the very best software developers in the industry.
- Program in pairs from day one, working on real production code.
- Develop your knowledge of Java, .NET, or both platforms, depending on your existing experience and goals.
- Master software design patterns, refactoring, and how to write clean maintainable code.
- Learn Agile development techniques, including test-driven development (TDD) and rapid release cycles.
What are we looking for?
- An outstanding academic track record. Candidates should have top A levels or equivalent, and be expecting a First Class degree in a technical subject area or relevant postgraduate qualification.
- Outstanding analytical and computational skills.
- Strong interest in solving difficult and complex technical problems in imaginative ways.
- Significant direct hands-on experience of either Java or .NET (or both).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent English speaker.
- Share options.
- 8% employer pension contribution.
- Life assurance: 4x salary.
- Income protection: full pay for first 6 months of incapacity followed by 75% of salary plus pension contribution.
- Private medical insurance (Bupa).
- 25 days plus public holidays.
- Core hours are 9am to 5pm, with flexibility to start any time between 8am and 9.30am.
By applying for this role you accept the Recruiterlink terms and conditions that can be found on our website and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs
Posted 32 days ago