Harrow, Greater London, England
BMI Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Endoscopy Technician to join their team of staff in the Decontamination department .
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
- Holding a caring and Professional nature.
- Drive and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work in a team, and using own initiative.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Ability to support and lead a team.
- Basic and advanced Competence / qualification in Endoscopy Care and Decontamination.
- Operators Course in Endoscopy Decontamination.
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies
Duties of this role include:
- Actively assist in the organisation of care provision within the Endoscopy Unit. Provide quality planned preparation of the endoscopes prior- during- and after endoscopy lists.
- Packing endoscopes for a safe transport to decontamination hub or within the department.
- Ensure all scopes are tested on return to dirty utility and send for repair where appropriate.
- Implement best practice standards (HTM 01 - 06, Royal College guidelines, GRS, JAG, etc.) in endoscopy service delivery.
- Encourage, develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of self.
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice.
- Apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
For more information on this role please contact Alberto Jr Anajao on#########
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Posted 42 days ago