Complex Needs Teaching Assistant
Wick, Highland, Scotland
Are you looking for a full time teaching assistant role in one of our fantastic schools near Bristol?
You will be working with children with complex learning difficulties, communication and interaction difficulties. The suitable candidate for this role will need to have passion, enthusiasm and confidence in the pupils towards their learning.
GBP60 - GBP70 per day!
The school have values and beliefs of every student that they can engage, participate, persevere and achieve. The school have class sizes of 11 pupils with a Teacher and two Teaching Assistants.
This school's aim is to build self-esteem, resilience, confidence and independence in an atmosphere where everyone is valued and success is always celebrated.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing some personal care, as well as day to day general care on a 1-1 basis.
Having previous experience in supporting autism in some capacity would be advantageous, alongside a working knowledge of understanding safeguarding.
- The school are looking for a full-time member of staff but there are also some part-time roles available.
- Supporting autistic students to complete day-to-day tasks in school
- Ensure all care needs are met
- Follow care and education plans set to specific individuals
- Support the class teacher, as and when directed
- Enthusiastic, passionate and driven about the student you will be supporting
- Pay starting at GBP57 per day!
- Be able to commute to Warmley
The successful candidate:
- Will have experience supporting children or adults with ASD
- Will be aware of all safeguarding guidelines and expectations in a school setting
- Will have genuine compassion and a want to effectively support the students
- Experience supporting in a school environment is desirable but not essential
- Team Teach and/or Makaton training desirable
If you are interested in this role and would like to be considered, please apply via the link.
We also have a range of roles that may interest you, working in local primary schools around Bristol, Bath, North East Somerset and South Gloucestershire. Teaching Personnel have placed many Teacher and Teaching Assistants into temporary-to-permanent opportunities as well as receiving many supply requests if you are seeking more flexible work opportunities.
- Please feel free to send across your CV to myself via email –
- ######### or call######### and speak to the our specialist recruitment consultants in our Primary, Secondary & SEN teams.
Alternatively, if you would like one of our specialists to call then please visit our website, where there is an opportunity to register your details.
We look forward to hearing from you.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Posted 16 days ago