Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England
competitive salary plus benefits
BMI Healthcare is the UK's largest provider of independent healthcare with a network of hospitals across the country. Our aim is to employ the best nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals in addition to outstanding non-clinical and support staff who underpin everything we do. Being part of the wider BMI Healthcare group offers the prospect for great career progression and development throughout the UK.
BMI Healthcare's Thornbury Hospital is a 64-bed private hospital with 4 operating theatres. It provides a range of inpatient, outpatient and day-case specialties, including orthopaedic, spinal, general medicine, urology, ear nose and throat, and neurology, for routine and complex cases. Diagnostic and specialist equipment on site includes MRI scanner, ultrasound, CT scanner, digital mammography and x-ray. The hospital employs approximately 200 healthcare professionals and is easily accessible via major bus routes from Sheffield City Centre and has extensive parking on site. In addition to being a fantastic place to work 98% of our patients say they will recommend BMI Thornbury Hospital to friends and family.
We have an opportunity for a Housekeeper to join their team of staff in the Hotel Services department.
This is a PART time role for 32.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Competence in literacy and numeracy
- Good Communication skills essential
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
Duties of this role include:
- Undertaking the day to day cleaning of patient, public and employee areas.
- Maintaining a safe and pleasant environment for patients, visitors and BMI employees.
- Replenishment of linen and consumables.
- Flexibility to work in all departments (including Theatre areas) and at other BMI sites where appropriate and as requested
- Cleaning and servicing of all hospital areas (clinical and non-clinical, including Theatre) to the required BMI standards and in line with BMI procedures.
- Setting up of rooms in accordance with the policies and procedures
- Undertake any duties required of the housekeeping department
- Complete daily task sheets and submit to the Housekeeper Lead on a daily basis for auditing purposes
- Comply with room clean target times and any timing targets for cleaning of general areas
- Undertake deep cleaning of areas on a rota basis and/or according to the cleaning schedule
- Use cleaning chemicals and materials according to instructions, COSHH reports and BMI procedures
- Use appropriate H&S signage at all times to notify employees, patients and visitors that cleaning is in progress
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Posted 5 days ago