Retail Assistant - Matlock | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Matlock, Derbyshire, England
17960.0000 - 19925.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Location: Carsington Water
Salary: £17, - £19, Pro Rata
Hours: Part Time, 12+ hours per week
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, Annual Leave
Our client is looking for a part-time Retail Assistant to help promote sales and make sure all customers have a great experience in their shop.
This organisation’s shop at Carsington Water is one of many stores which help raise vital funds for the charity’s conservation work. They have a varied range of ethically sourced Gifts, as well as Fair to Nature Bird-Food and a brilliant range of Binoculars and Telescopes.
You would receive full training and support on all aspects of this charity’s Retail, which would enable you to be a positive role model to the team and an ambassador for the organisation.
The role is 12 hours over three days, with regular weekend work required, and you must be flexible to work more than 12 hours some weeks, dependent on staffing requirements in the shop.
What’s the role about?
This is a customer-facing position and the role is mostly based upon providing excellent customer service; from welcoming them to the shop and ensuring they are provided with excellent product knowledge to giving individual advice and serving them efficiently at the till point.
As a Retail Assistant your key activities would include:
- Ensuring the retail store is delivering the highest standard of customer care.
- Working alongside the Retail Management, Retail Assistant and a team of volunteers to deliver against financial targets and Key Performance Indicators and retail store goals.
- Ensuring the retail store is commercially merchandised and stock levels are appropriate.
- Ensuring all retail admin, operating procedures, cleaning, security including cash handling and health and safety in the retail store adheres to the organisation’s procedures.
- Working in conjunction with relevant Headquarters’ teams (Retail, HR, Finance) to ensure the effective and efficient running of the retail store.
What they need from you?
For this role it is essential that you have:
- GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- Be computer literate
- An enthusiastic approach to work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize workloads
- Problem solving skills and ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to manage and respond to customer needs and feedback
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships and the ability to work as part of a team
- Good flexibility of which days you are available to work
For this role it would be desirable for you to have:
- Experience of working in a retail environment/visitor attraction
- Experience of working in a sales environment
- Knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Merchandising skills
- Till operation and payment handling experience.
Closing date: 23:59, 30 May 2021
Please click 'Apply’ - you will be prompted to complete a short CHM Recruit form before being redirected to the employer’s website to complete your online application for this position.
No agencies please.