Senior Actuarial Associate
What Will You Do?
- As a senior actuarial associate you would be expected to be a technical expert and take a lead on various aspects of the work undertaken by the reserving team. These could comprise:
- Assist and where appropriate lead parts of the annual central reserving exercise undertaken at Lloyds to inform the view of surplus within the market. Carry out market level projections for a number of classes of business and review projections undertaken by junior analysts.
- Review validation of data returns received by Lloyds, including managing and reviewing the work of junior analysts.
- Undertake and where appropriate lead the analysis of syndicatelevel reserve adequacy, using an appropriate range of reporting metrics, based on central reserving and syndicate returns, to identify and carry out followup with syndicates.
- Undertake and where appropriate manage adhoc investigations into thematic aspects which arise as part of Lloyds market oversight.
- Review Syndicate Actuarial Function Reports and SAOs, and manage the production of returns and provision of appropriate guidance to the market in these work areas.
- Lead the production of reports/papers detailing the work of MRC to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the delivery of the Lloyds Actuarial Function Report
- Lead the actuarial analysis for International reserve reviews. Support ongoing compliance with regulations:
- Support timely completion of regulatory returns.
- Produce additional analysis to support Lloyds responses to queries, as required.
- Support process and reporting changes in response to IFRS17
- Support communication with the Market in relation to reserving oversight and reporting requirements.
- Undertake and review detailed actuarial analyses such as premium and claims projections, stress tests and forecasting.
- Support the regular update of documentation to ensure that it remains fit for purpose, useful and complies with regulatory requirements. Ensure all reporting is in line with professional requirements and standards.
- Work with internal stakeholders as appropriate, potentially including the Lloyds Internal Model team, International Actuarial team, Risk Management and other parts of the Corporation.
- Provide support on work owned by other teams within the Market Reserving and Capital department
What Youll Need
- Working with People
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Applying expertise and technology
- Adapting and responding to change
- Creating and innovating
- Entrepreneurial and creative thinking
- Results Orientation
As the successful candidate, you can expect to be rewarded with a competitive salary, an enviable range of benefits.
Posted 5 days ago