Teaching Assistant (part time)
Blandford Forum, Dorset, England
£9.50 - 9.50 per hour
Teaching Personnel is the UK’s leading education recruitment agency. We are currently seeking an SEN supply teacher to work at one of our local school’s in North Dorset. The school is an ‘Excellent’ Ofsted rated school that cater for 131 children between the ages of 2 and 19 with profound and multiple (PMLD), severe (SLD) or complex learning difficulties. Some children have additional sensory or physical impairments, speech and language disorders or medical needs, others are on the autistic spectrum.
Working on a supply basis offers great flexibility and freedom from planning and preparation. Your duties will involve:
- delivering the lessons in accordance with the class teachers planning
- encouraging and supporting pupils
- you may be required to mark pupils work
This is a temporary position but there is the opportunity to go permanent for the right candidate.
To be successful in this role you should:
- have experience working within a school setting
- have experience working with children and/or adults with learning difficulties
- be resilient and confident working with challenging behaviour
- have a good understanding of Special Educational Needs, or a willingness to learn
- Be able to demonstrate a good understanding of the role of a Teaching Assistant in a special needs school
- Have the ability to engage pupils in their learning and support them in their social, emotional and personal wellbeing
be nurturing and enthusiastic
- The school is not easily accessed by public transport so a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential
Working on a supply basis for Teaching Personnel offers the following benefits:
- Specialist Recruitment Consultant dedicated to finding you work
- Flexible work in schools local to you
- Access to our CPD Academy
- Pension Scheme
- Weekly Pay
- Refer a Friend Scheme
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Posted 5 days ago