Teaching Assistant in Pupil Referral Unit
£57 - £70 per day
Are you a competent Teaching Assistant looking to work with Challenging Behaviour?
Teaching Personnel are recruiting for a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) located in Bedford. We are looking for Teaching Assistants with excellent communication, literacy and numeracy skills and the ability to deal with very challenging behaviour.
The school work with the most disaffected, challenging pupils in Bedfordshire, pupils have often been excluded from numerous schools and have been out of full-time education. The school offers positive outcomes to young people of school age who have disengaged, or are at the point of disengaging with education. Many of these pupils are known to the criminal justice system and a significant percentage of the pupils are looked after or children in need. Most have been excluded from at least one school.
Despite these challenges, the school supports their pupils in achieving a wide range of accredited outcomes in examinations and other courses. There is a sense of pride, purpose and achievement.
You will work with a range of ages and the work will depend on the age of the children and their individual needs, but may include:
- Preparing learning materials under the supervision of the teacher
- Working inside or outside the classroom with individuals or groups
- Adapting support according to needs
- Looking after children's physical, social and emotional welfare
- Creating a stimulating environment
- Giving information and help to teachers
- Keeping records and attending review meetings
This inspirational school is registered for secondary aged pupils with Social Emotional Mental Health (SEMH) needs - previously known as Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties (BESD).
To succeed in this role you will need:
- Positive attitude and an ability to work well as part of a team, both in class and at whole school level
- Willingness to contribute to whole school development
- Flexible and adaptable
- Resilient and reflective
No qualifications are necessary, though if you have previous experience or feel confident in at least 3 of the following then don't hesitate to get in touch
- Youth/Community work experience
- Youth Offending Service experience
- Support/Care Work
- Special Education Needs Experience (either within a work or a personal environment)
- Experience in assisting people with social, emotional and mental health issues (either within a work or a personal environment)
- Sports coaching, qualifications or experience
- Teaching/Learning Support Assistance
- Challenging behaviour outside of a school environment
- Outgoing personality
- Degree in Psychology or education
All pupils receive individualised programmes which support their transition into the school environment.
Teaching Personnel are the UK's leading Education Recruitment Agency and we are recruiting for similar vacancies across Bedfordshire.
In order to register with Teaching Personnel, candidates are required to have Child Workforce DBS registered on the update service. All candidates are required to complete a Safeguarding course through Teaching Personnel, or provide a relevant safeguarding certificate during your registration process. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory vetting checks and references.
If you are interested in this opportunity in Milton Keynes then apply now or get in touch with Harry on#########
Posted 12 days ago