Behaviour Support Assistant
Manchester City Centre, Greater Manchester, England
£9.20 - 10.70 per hour
Our SEND Team here at Vision for Education specialises in the re-engagement of students who have been excluded from school or who are out of education.
The units and provisions we work with provide bespoke, child-centred, high quality education programmes, which ensure that all the students that we work with have outstanding opportunities to re-integrate into regular or specialist education.
This is a fantastic opportunity to use your skills and expertise to help young people to become successful at learning, confident as individuals and to live productive and responsible lives.
- To work 1:1 with students who may demonstrate challenging behaviour and who may be statemented and have Special Educational Needs.
- To facilitate a safe and positive learning environment and de-escalate any threatening or aggressive behaviour.
- To mentor and engage with the student, delivering specifically designed educational packages.
- To work alongside the classroom teacher or home tutors
Requirements - A successful candidate must:
- have adequate training as a professional teaching assistant or support worker experience within areas of special needs
- be patient, engaging, inspiring, creative, consistent, and calm when under pressure.
- be computer literate, an excellent communicator and familiar with the Education system
- We require someone who enjoys the immensely rewarding work or inspiring students who are emotionally and/or socially challenged and who has the ability to establish positive learning experiences through intuitive and creative learning.
As well as being part of the schools community, working with Vision For Education gives you access to:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly via PAYE
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Support throughout your placements
- Access to a dedicated SEN consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to £350+ worth of free CPD such as Team Teach, Mental Health Awareness, Autism Awareness, SEND code of practise
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Regular social events in your local area with complimentary food and drink
If you are a Behaviour Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Posted 5 days ago