Control System Engineering Manager
West Midlands, England
£60k - 70k per year + Pension, Car, Healthcare, Shares
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Control Systems Engineering Manager to join a forward thinking, growing technology led company, who are beginning an exciting expansion phase.
As Control Systems Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Inspire, motivate and line manage a team of graduate and software engineers and assist with their professional development
- Develop the appropriate structures and standards that are required for the business
- Coordinate the generation of software estimates for proposals and support the bid process
- Generate controls led business e.g. Machine Vision/Robotics
- Be responsible for the coordination of the work flow across all projects involving your team, resolving any issues and ensuring that all project are delivered on time, within budget and meet all expectations, both internally and from external customers
- Work with the Mechanical Engineers to identify and scope out new projects from initial concept
- Supervise the delivery of control systems and ensure that all technical reviews have taken place
- Ensuring all Software design, code, test and commissioning phases have taken place and all the relevant documentation is correctly prepared
- Support Factory and Site Acceptance Testing
- Provide aftermarket support to customers, which can include bug fixes/changes in functionality
- Recruit new staff (as and when appropriate), including Graduate and Internship Engineers
The successful Electrical Engineering Manager will be of graduate calibre and ideally Chartered and have a proven background of automated control systems, with a passion for technology. You will have excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to influence at senior management level.
For further information call Sharon Hill.
Looking for a job involved with maintenance, service or design for automated machinery, control systems, process control solutions or systems integration projects? Register your details on our website where you will find a full list of live positions where a customised automated search process allows immediate access to new vacancies as they are registered. Free, confidential service.
All respondents to this position must be eligible to live and work in the UK - Automation Experts are unable to assist with the award of Visas or UK Work Permits.
As a registered engineer, you are automatically a member of our 'Referral Scheme' thereby receiving £500.00 (tax free) for Engineers that you recommend to us that we place in permanent employment.
Automation Experts offer recruitment services on a contract and permanent basis; We support many of the leading companies throughout the UK.
Thank you for your interest, if your experience is suitable for this position, please call the advising Consultant ASAP. NB. We cannot guarantee a response to every application.
Posted 20 days ago