The temporary Facilities Coordinator role will be located at our Cambridge Office. Working under the supervision of the UK Facilities Manager you will play a key role supporting space planning, small works projects, new employee onboarding process, coordinating soft and hard services, including planned, preventative maintenance scheduling along with facilities administration, generally maintaining the condition of the site to a high standard.
About the role
- Provide excellent customer service across all areas of focus / responsibility.
- Carry out operational/logistical tasks and/or special projects as assigned by Facilities Manager to ensure a safe, clean, efficient, and operationally sound office environment for all employees, visitors and contractors.
- Track and respond to employee requests. Use and update the maintenance helpdesk tracking systems and financial systems to record labor and costs.
- Provide information and direction to vendors and other service providers as required to ensure excellent coordination and execution of work, with minimal disruption.
- Promote and support Environmental Health and Safety performance and good working practices at Horizon.
- Assist with coordinating and managing day to day vendor activity.
- General facilities upkeep, including basic repair and maintenance of office, kitchen, and welfare areas.
- Other duties that may include but are not limited to: guest support, mail services, quality assurance assessments, office supplies and general facilities support.
Who you are
- Prior experience in facilities or related field.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and perform with frequent interruptions and distractions.
- Form part of the team providing ‘out of hours’ cover, handling emergencies, maintenance and other activities as and when required.
- Familiar with workplace Health and Safety.
- Experience of creating Purchase Orders, credit card purchasing and end of month reconciliation
- Self-motivated; confident, energetic, customer focused, professional, and flexible with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proactive with a can-do attitude
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel) and other Facility Management systems.
Horizon Delivers inspired solutions that harness the power of the cell. We are global leaders in cell engineering. Our vision is to unlock the power of the cell, and we are increasing our focus on customers everyday. Our unique tools and services are used by our customers to provide valuable insights and applications in - research, drug discovery, molecular diagnostics and biomanufacturing.
As part of any recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. Our Job Applicant Privacy Notice is available on this link
Posted 5 days ago