Technical Service and Support Engineer Up to £40k DOE Wigan
Wigan, Greater Manchester
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits
Job Title: Technical Service and Support Engineer
**Location: Wigan, UK
- Salary: £30,000 £40,000**
- I am currently recruiting a Technical Service and Support Engineer for a key client in Wigan.
- The position would suit an experienced Support Engineer or a CHP Engineer looking to move off the tools and progress.
- ENVIRONMENT IN WHICH JOB IS PERFORMED: Office and Customer Facilities
- About the Job
This is an opportunity to join the exclusive distributor of a world leading manufacturer of generator control equipment. Manufacturing facilities are based in mainland Europe with the UK distributor exclusively supporting their products in the UK & Ireland. We offer technical service and support to existing and new customers. This is an exciting role with many aspects to test and stretch the successful applicants abilities in an interesting way.
The main aspects of this position encompass but are not limited to the following:
- Assist customers inquiries, both technical and commercial, and respond appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Track responses in database system
- Become the expert technically on assigned products. Train customers on product features.
- Communicate effectively in writing and orally with management and coworkers.
- Understand company goals and policies.
- Actively participate as a member of the sales team and the application team supporting pre and postsales technical inquiries
- Design and deliver technical presentations to customers at trade shows, customer sites, office facilities, etc.
- Must reside within easy travel distance of the office in Wigan.
- Postsales technical support could include work outside normal working hours.
- The role is currently 90% office based, 10% site based.
Minimum Requirements to be considered:
- Minimum of ONC (electrical engineering preferred) with at least 35 years relevant experience
- Experience in the control, protection, and operation of reciprocating engines and or electrical power generation.
- Good computer skills with the Microsoft Office Suite of software.
- Effective communicator with the ability to communicate verbally and in writing within the company and with customers, consultants and industry peers.
- Ability to multitask with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in the performance of duties.
- Willingness to travel, including out of the country.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with a high degree of enthusiasm and commitment.
- Understand and embrace the company corporate culture of honesty, integrity, and a high commitment to customer satisfaction.
Advantages that will help decide the successful candidate:
- Experience in and general knowledge of the reciprocating engine sector.
- Experience in and general knowledge of electrical power generation.
- Demonstrated extended electrical engineering skills in electrical protection and control.
- Knowledge of competitors and customers products. (We do however, highly respect previous confidentiality agreements and would never expect the candidate to revel known trade secrets or propriety intellectual property.)
- Knowledge of other sectors of the Power Generation market, including turbines, fuel cells, combined heat and power applications, and other innovative solutions would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of utility interface standards and common solutions.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and BASIC SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Valid clean drivers license and passport
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Ability to use common hand tools safely.
- Ability and knowledge to work safely around electrical equipment and controls at all voltage levels.
- Ability to communicate verbally to small or large audiences.
NOTE: This job description is not allinclusive and other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary. In keeping with our corporate culture, all employees are expected to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Competitive salary
- 20 days annual leave (plus 8 public holidays)
- Company vehicle
- Mobile phone
This position is available to suitable applicants with the immediate legal right of employment within the UK and be resident within reasonable commuting distance of our office as this is the normal place of work.
How to APPLY:
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link provided and I will contact you shortly for a confidential discussion.
Cubiq Recruitment is recognised as a trusted supplier of permanent, contract and interim recruitment services to the technology and manufacturing sectors.
Our teams of specialist recruiters operate across the following engineering and commercial disciplines; mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, controls & instrumentation, embedded software & electronics, quality & manufacturing, product design and project, programme & operations management.
Posted 45 days ago