£21000 - £22000 per annum + Additional Benefits
Robert Half are working with a rapidly growing business where there are a high volume of low value transactions and due to continued expansion, a vacancy for a new Credit Controller has been created.
Responsible for collection of debt on the UK sales ledger including:
- Direct contact with clients by phone
- Credit control via email where appropriate
- Issuing chasing/warning letters according to strict deadlines
- Escalation of nonpayers for legal action & follow up on developments.
- Production and mailing of statements
- Maintenance of up to date detailed credit control notes
- Responsible for collection of payments via BACS, Cheque and recurring credit card payments,
- Encouraging clients to settle outstanding invoices by Direct Debit.
- Develop strong relationships with customers to improve credit control efficiency
- Liaison with other team members to update on progress/contribute to preparation of debt position to rest of business
- Liaison with Account Management and other internal functions to resolve problem accounts
- Responsible for ensuring the hard working team ethic of the department is maintained.
- Other ad hoc tasks as necessary including Administration duties.
The successful candidate will take complete ownership of the ledger reporting on an exception basis to their line manager/appropriate departments in the business.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience of credit control essential,
- Approachable; strong team player,
- Proven credit experience. Ability to deal with a challenging sales ledger profile with successful outcomes,
- Experience of Sage finance packages would be an advantage, though not essential,
- Excellent telephone manner firm but professional,
- Good, accurate written skills/manner,
- Excellent attention to detail,
- Enthusiastic, keen to be involved,
- Excellent communicator,
- Organised ,
- Results driven,
- Sound knowledge of the business to business culture.
- Adaptable (fast moving environment),
Robert Halfs client is an award winning growing company based in Portsmouth who have fun and vibrant open plan office. Do you fancy being part of the team?
Salary & Benefits
- Circa £22,000 per annum
- Ability to earn extra holiday with length of service
- Free Gym
- Free exercise classes
- Free Parking
- Birthday off
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacynotice.
Posted 48 days ago