Project Civil Design Engineer Highways / Drainage
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£28000 - £45000 per annum
We are exclusively working in partnership with a consultancy looking for a Project Civil Design Engineer to join their team based in Manchester.
They are open to seeing candidates with a minimum 2 years experience working in a consultancy environment and will pay up to £45K for someone with a Senior title.
Candidates will need to enjoy working on technically challenging projects and be focused on delivery of results to their clients. Working as part of a team and reporting to a senior staff member, you will work on a variety of Civil Engineering and Development Planning / Regeneration projects.
The Team regularly undertakes projects in a variety of sectors including Housing, Retail and Industrial for a broad range of both public sector and private sector clients in the UK. Their Manchester office delivers a complete range of Civil Engineering services from due diligence and scheme concept through to detailed design and construction monitoring.
- 25 years experience in highways and drainage works in UK;
- Knowledge of storm and foul water drainage network design using MicroDrainage;
- Knowledge of and design capability for SUDS systems;
- Conversant with highway layouts (vertical and horizontal alignments);
- Competent in using AutoCAD for general civil engineering drawing production;
- Knowledge of Flood Risk Assessments would be beneficial;
- Experience of preparing calculations, drawings and reports;
- Able to successfully communicate with suppliers, clients, contractors, the public and other engineers
- Familiar with Health & Safety, environmental and managerial procedures;
- Able to present / represent your technical work (presentations / meetings);
- Comfortable with assigning and checking the work of technicians/administrative staff;
- Be working towards Chartership with a relevant professional body
What they are looking for:
They encourage their Engineers to have vision, problemsolving capabilities, ambition, enthusiasm, and drive. A company that recognizes people are the key to their success, they ensure that they provide them with a varied workload and encourage them to extend themselves in order to reach their full potential. The person should possess:
- A questioning / challenging approach not be afraid to ask the right question at the right time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements or seek guidance when unsure
- The ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
- A commercial and client focused approach
- Applicants should have an MEng (or equivalent) Civil Engineering Degree.
Working for them:
They operate a Company Approved Training Scheme through the Institution of Civil Engineers and can provide structured training to candidates seeking Chartership. They offer competitive salaries / holiday and other entitlements giving the commitment to the training and personal development of their staff.
They offer the opportunity to think as an engineer, to be innovative and creative, and to develop your skills technically and commercially. They inspire and motivate every member of their internal team and, when the office closes at the end of the day, they offer an active social club.
If you would like to hear more information or see where this company can take you career, you can contact me on######### or #########
Posted 23 days ago