Technical Engineering Buyer
Slough, Berkshire, England
£35k - 38k per year + + Benefits
Manufacturer of instrumentation and flow control equipment, with a great name in the market place.
- You will be part of a global specialist in the design and manufacturer of process control instrumentation.
- Our client has a well established and diverse customer base ranging from global PLCs to start-up ventures.
- Customer focused culture with local support.
- Our client has an open door policy and open culture policy.
- Our tailored manufacturing solutions maximising our customer profits.
Agile and flexible in meeting the needs of customer business models.
- Our client has a strong customer focus and support network
Working for a manufacturer of Instrumentation and Process Control equipment.
- Consolidation of supply base and supplier reduction programme
- Find, audit, qualify and manage good quality suppliers for long term agreements
- Resolve supply issues escalated from Purchasing team
- Generate folders for Request For Quotes - including drawings, 3D data, usage and target pricing (price for procurement only)
- To generate supplier confidentiality and service level agreements where required, necessary filing onto company server
- Validate and compare incoming quotes to identify potential suppliers
- Update MTMS once new supplier is selected including lead time, new supplier codes, prices and batch sizes
- Manage the receipt of high quality goods conforming to specification
- Attention to detail
- Deliver RFQ packages on time in full
- Proven cost savings
- Focus on customer service and continuity of supply
The Ideal Person:
- A good engineering background in either mechanical or electrical engineering
- Excellent written and spoken English - be articulate Computer literate in MS Office especially Excel & Word
- Have excellent administration skills
- Commercially aware
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Able to travel globally, full, clean driving licence
- Able to use cost comparison techniques
- Experience with Electro/Mechanical components
- Experience of purchasing and resolving supplier quality issues - especially Casting and Machining
- Experience of working with high precision complex parts
- Good analytical skills to identify groups of similar parts for resourcing
- Auditing experience
- Supplier development
Consultant: Marc Gibbs
Email: marcg @otrsales.co.uk
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
At On Target, we specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Building Services, Medical & Scientific, and Commercial & Industrial Solutions sectors, enabling our consultants to become experts in their market sector. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.
Posted 17 days ago